Mobile Banking Using USSD Codes – Without the need to turn on your data and open your bank mobile apps, one easy way you can make monetary transactions is through the use of mobile banking USSD codes. Moreover, we live in a world that is now a technology-trending age whereby almost everything including monetary activities and transactions can be carried out just through the use of mobile devices. However, this blog post is here to give you some information you need on mobile banking USSD codes on some banks and how to use them.
Effects of Using USSD Codes for Mobile Banking
USSD codes are unique codes assigned to various banks within a country, facilitating mobile banking services. These Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) codes enable users to perform a wide range of banking transactions directly from their mobile devices.
By utilizing these USSD codes, individuals can conveniently pay bills, transfer funds, and engage in other financial activities. These transactions are not only rapid but also highly secure.
Unlike traditional internet-based banking, USSD code transactions do not require an internet connection or the consumption of data bundles. Instead, these codes leverage the network service provided by the user’s mobile line.
To utilize USSD codes, users must associate their mobile lines with the corresponding bank accounts they wish to access. This registration process ensures that transactions can only be performed on the mobile lines linked to the respective bank accounts.
Security Measures of USSD Codes in Mobile Banking
When using mobile banking USSD codes to perform transactions, you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile line, which is linked to your bank account. If your mobile line is not available, you need to visit your bank and register a new line that is linked to your bank account.
Before initiating any transaction using these mobile banking USSD codes, you may be prompted to enter a PIN code. This PIN code acts as a security measure against fraudulent activities. Typically, the PIN is four or five digits long, and users are required to set it up during their initial attempt to use the USSD codes on their mobile devices.
As long as there is sufficient balance on your mobile line, you can carry out transactions using the USSD codes. In Nigeria, the minimum amount required to dial the USSD code and perform any transaction is ten Naira.
Banks And Their Respective Mobile Banking USSD Codes
These are some banks in Nigeria and their respective mobile banking USSD CODES to access and make use of the mobile banking services;
- The USSD Code for Access Bank Mobile Banking to transfer money is *901#. Therefore, you should simply dial it, and follow the instructions thereafter.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Diamond Bank Mobile Banking is *426#.
- For Diamond Bank to Diamond Bank account money transfers, dial *426# then follow the prompt.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Ecobank Mobile Banking is *326#.
- It contains instant transfers, account balances, bill payments, mini-account statements, and airtime purchase features.
- To transfer money from your Ecobank account, dial *326# and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The USSD Code to transfer money from Fidelity Bank is *770#.
- The maximum amount allowed to transfer per day is 20,000 Naira.
- Fidelity Bank USSD CODE transfer money to other banks is *770*Recipient’s Account Number*Amount#.
- The USSD Code to transfer money in the Mobile Banking for the First Bank is *894#.
- To transfer money, dial *894#, and a list of options will appear including Transfer money, Withdraw the money Make purchases, pay bills, buy airtime, and manage an account.
- To make a transfer, type 1 and send. Simply follow the instructions after to make your transfer. Users can also use of First Bank Online platform.
First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
- The USSD Code for Mobile Banking to transfer money for FCMB is *392#.
- To use this USSD Code, users have to visit any FCMB branch close to them or call their customer care line to get their PIN.
- To transfer money or any other transaction after getting your PIN, simply dial *392# and follow the instructions you see on the screen.
Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
- The USSD Code to transfer money from Guaranty Trust Bank is *737# Which is also known as GTBank 737.
- The minimum transfer limit is 1,000 Naira and a daily transfer limit of 20,000 Naira.
- To transfer money using Mobile Banking from your GTBank account to another GTBank account, just dial *737*1*Amount*Recipient’s GTB Account Number#.
- To transfer money from your GTBank account to another Bank, use *737*2*Amount*Other Bank Account Number#. You can also carry this out online using the Internet banking method.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Heritage Bank Mobile is *745#.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Keystone Bank Mobile Banking is *7111#.
- The USSD Code to Transfer Money for Skye Bank Mobile Banking is *833#.
- To transfer, all you need to do is dial *833# on your mobile phone and follow the instructions.
Stanbic IBTC Bank
- The Mobile USSD Code to Transfer Money for Stanbic IBTC Bank Mobile Banking is *909#.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Mobile Banking for Sterling Bank is *822#.
- To perform a transfer, simply dial *822# and follow the instructions.
- Every time users use the Sterling Bank USSD Code, the bank deducts an amount of Five Naira from their mobile line account.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for UBA Bank Mobile Banking is *919#.
- After dialing it, simply follow the on-screen instructions to make a transfer or any other transaction.
- The Mobile Banking USSD Code to transfer money from Union Bank is *826#.
- Dial and follow the instructions given, to complete your transaction.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Unity Bank Mobile Banking is *7799#.
- To transfer money, just dial *7799*1*Account No*Amount# and follow the instructions given.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Wema Bank Mobile Banking is *945#.
- To transfer money with Wema Bank, simply dial *945# A list of options will appear including Open Account, My Balance, Send Money, Buy Airtime and Cash-on-the-go, Pay Bills, Change PIN, Change Account, Link BVN, Card Control, Pay with Mobile, Receive Western Union and Generate OTP.
- To transfer Reply with “3”, you will then have to choose whether it is to a Wema Bank Account or other banks. Reply with the corresponding number and simply keep on following the instructions given.
- The USSD Code to transfer money for Zenith Bank is *966#. This is not the same as the Mobile Banking in Zenith Bank Internet Banking.
- It also gives users access to open an account, check the account balance, load recharge cards, and transfer money.
- To transfer money from your Zenith Bank account to another, dial *966*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number# and follow the instructions given.