First Bank – Internet And Mobile Banking | First Bank Nigeria
First bank is one of Nigeria’s oldest banks, established in 1894. Nigeria was under a British colony at the time. The only bank in existence was the British West African Bank which only served the British and Nigerians. It was only used to trade by barter and other forms of payments and exchange.
With the sophistication that was brought about by technology. First bank alongside other banks has provided internet banking for its customers. This is also referred to as first bank online banking to make banking services easier. Customers can now make use of online banking to make.
- Bill payment.
- Transfer funds.
- Account balance check.
- Airtime purchase.
- View and print statement of account.
you can now do all those transactions from the comfort of your home, office, market stall or even in your farm, given that you have internet connection, on your mobile phone or pc. Same goes to mobile banking as firstbank mobile app is also available on mobile phone.
The Bank Offers the Following Transactions for its Customers
- First Econnect- Many business owners create ECommerce websites where they sell their goods and services. They can access their payments when people purchase their products from their websites through Econnect.
- Customers can now make transactions such as transfer of money, paying of bills, airtime recharge through the internet, wherever they may be.
- Paypal- PayPal is the fastest way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account. Transactions with PayPal is completely secured because there is no need to reveal private financial information or card details to anyone or on the website.
- Telebank services- This service also enables bank customers to perform transactions with their mobile phones or computer without having to visit the ATM or bank branches. It also allows cardholders access their credit card accounts using mobile phone, computer or its equivalent.
With a preset ID, cardholders can access;
- Account information(e.g. balance and transaction history).
- Account and card management.
- Fund transfer between card accounts.( immediate and scheduled).
First Bank Online Banking Registration Guide
- The first step is to visit Firstbank website which is www.firstbanknigeria.com with a web browser.
- Click on FirstOnline on the main page or visit ibank.firsbanknigeria.com using a web browser.
- Click on the signup icon at the top right section on the home page.
- A menu will show you where you can fill your details. You have to fill it the exact way it was filled when you opened the account newly to avoid mistaken identity.
- Fill in your account number and BVN (Bank Verification Number) numbers.
- A username and password will be required.
- Gender, age, and occupation follow suit.
Print out the form you have filled or fill it after printing. Fill With your personal details and submit it to the nearest first bank branch nationwide for approval. The customer Will be issued a token at the branch where he submits the form. For customers in diaspora, you can also fill and send a request to their official email which can only be obtained from their website. It takes only 48 hours for the bank to approve and you can start enjoying first bank online banking.
How To Update Your First Bank Online Banking Information
First Bank has made it possible that you can now update your mobile number and email address with out you visiting the Bank. You can login to first bank online platform to update your information below is how to update your information.
- Log in to the new online banking platform by entering the URL as ibank.firstbanknigeria.com in your web address section on your browser.
- Click on the self-service menu section on the home page.
- Navigate to Personal Information tab, click on main customer information to access your mobile number and email.
- Enter the new email or mobile number you want to replace with the previous one.
Once you have entered the information you want to update successfully click on the update icon in other to complete the process. Once This is done your mobile number or email you entered will be updated automatically. For more information visit first bank online official web platform or click here.