Are you looking to get a hair dressing job in the USA with visa sponsorship as a foreigner? If so, then you need to read this review till the end. It is absolutely possible for a foreigner to get a hair dressing job in the United States with visa sponsorship. Plus, the application process is straightforward once you follow the right instructions.
Meanwhile, after the global pandemic, there has been a high demand for hairdressers in the US. To reduce the shortage U.S employers and companies are willing to hire foreigners who will fill in the position. Also, they are offering qualified foreigners a free visa sponsorship. In other words, your travel visa, and expenses will be covered by your sponsor.
As a foreigner, this is the perfect time to hop on the leading train and grab the opportunity presented to you. In addition to that, you could be earning about $5,150 as a monthly fee. Other non- cash benefits to be earned are paid leave, tuition assistance, 401(K), medical, dental and vision coverage, etc.
What Is a Hair Dressing Job?
A hair dressing job is operated by a professional “Hair dresser” and they are responsible for a lot of duties relating to a customer’s hair. Also, a hair dresser works in places like spas, resorts, hotels, salons, etc where they attend to the hair care of their clients.
Meanwhile, they are responsible for cutting, trimming, coloring, washing, and styling the client’s hair. A hair dresser could be self-employed in this case, where you will be immigrating to the US with a visa sponsorship, and you will be working under a foreign employer.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Hair Dresser
A hairdresser has a wide variety of duties that result in providing the best results they can to their clients. These responsibilities include:
- Identifying the chronic scalp conditions that happen to a client
- Recommending the best hair care products to the clients
- Giving advice to customers to give medical treatment if needed
- Warmly greeting and welcoming customers to the salon
- Ensuring the workstation is clean and well organized
- Communicating with your clients to determine their style, needs, and preference
- Cutting, washing, trimming, and styling the clients’ hair
- Also, trimming and styling the customer’s wig, hair extensions, toupees, hairpiece, and so on
- Being able to shampoo, condition, and dry the client’s hair
- Cleaning and sterilizing all the tools used in hairdressing
- Ensuring that the state health and basic safety standards are met
- Taking down the appointment dates of clients
- Knowing how to use different hair-dressing instruments and tools. Tools include Curling iron, hair dryers, hot combs, hair straighteners, etc. Also, you should also know how to use them and style the client’s hair
- Diligently operating the cash register to be able to process every single payment the client made if necessary.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ensuring you have a personal relationship with customers to build clientele
- Being able to gently follow the client’s instruction for what they want
- Keeping up with the latest trends in hairstyles and hairdressing methods
Hair Dressing Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
Below are some of the likely questions that may pop up during an online interview:
- What is your full name?
- How did you hear about our company?
- Why are you interested in working for this company?
- What convinced you to apply for the hairdressing position?
- What is your proudest professional accomplishment?
- How would a coworker describe you in three words?
- How would your clients describe you in three words?
- Tell me about a time you multitasked in the workplace
- What is your biggest challenge as a hairdresser?
- Why do you want to leave your present salon?
Requirements to Work a Hair Dressing Job In USA with Visa Sponsorship
Meanwhile, as a foreigner who has plans to work in the USA, you have to meet up to certain requirements in order for your plans to become reality. These are some of the requirements put in place:
- The ability to stand for long periods of hours
- High school diploma or GED completion
- Having an accurate state licensure
- Acquiring an Associate’s degree in Cosmetology or completion
- You could have a completion of a state-approved cosmetology program
- Ability to work under pressure
- You should be able to follow instructions
- Having an excellent organizational skill
- Time management skill
- Good communication skills
- You must also be able to have cordial and an interpersonal skill
- Previous experience with different coloring methods
- You should have previous experience working as a hair dresser
- Knowledge of various haircuts that would be suitable for hair lengths as well
- Agility to work different shifts
- You also need to be familiar with all the hair treatment products and how they work
- Also, Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required
- Passing a background check
- Lastly, an applicant must Pass the drug test
There could be more requirements that the hiring companies may request from foreigners. You only have to meet up to those requirements in order to be considered eligible to work in the US.
How to Apply For a Hairdressing Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
The steps to follow when applying for a hairdressing job in the USA are listed below and are pretty easy to comprehend. The steps are:
- First, you begin by searching for job vacancies on job websites like Indeed or Monster
- Type in the hair-dressing job in the USA with visa sponsorship in the blank boxes that come s on the page
- Ensure that the vacancies all comers with a visa sponsorship
- When you see one that interests you, read through the job description, requirements, and such to see if you qualify.
- If you do, click on the Apply button and you will be redirected to the company’s website
- You can start off by providing your personal details like your name, age, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, and so on
- Ensure you follow the instructions on the screen to fill out the necessary details
- Upload a resume and a cover letter containing all the necessary features that interest the employer
- If you are done with everything, you can cross-check to rule out errors
- If you are satisfied, you can submit it and it gets to the employer’s desk
You only have to wait for feedback from the employer and when he or she finds you eligible, the employer will request an online interview. You can request the visa sponsorship and you both agree on the salary. The employer will also file a petition on your behalf.
Benefits of Working a Hair Dressing Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Meanwhile, below are the benefits of working a hairdressing job with visa sponsorship in the USA:
- Paid sick time
- Dental Insurance
- Referral programs
- Flexible schedule
- Commuter assistance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
These are just some of the benefits that you can earn as a foreigner immigrating to the USA. You can earn more as it all depends on the employer.
How Much Does A Hair Dresser Earn In USA?
The average salary that a hairdresser earns in the USA is about $35, 100 per year and you could be earning about $118 an hour. For the entry positions, a hairdresser could be earning about $33,150 a year. However, the average salary depends on your level of experience, your region, your employer, etc.