How do I apply for a Waitress Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship? In this article, we will show you the easiest ways to find and apply for Waitress jobs in the United States with free visa sponsorship. Meanwhile, ever since the global pandemic hit, there has been an increase in unemployment.
Also, other factors such as retirement change careers and more as led to the high demand for skilled and unskilled workers in the U.S. Based on research, about 425,800 openings for waiters and waitresses in the US, and this is projected to increase before the end of the year.
In a bid to reduce the shortage of waitresses in the United States, many hotels and hospitality centers are currently hiring foreign workers from across the world. In addition, they are willing to provide qualified applicants with free visa sponsorship. This means once you’ve been selected for this position, your travel expenses and flight ticket will be covered by your sponsor or employer.
In addition, to a free visa working as a waitress in the USA is a lucrative business. As a waitress in the country, you can earn an average paycheck of $26.00 per year and $12.50 per hour. Other benefits include, Health insurance, paid leave, life, dental and medical coverage, etc. To apply for this position, read through this article.
Who is a Waitress?
Being a waitress means that you work in a restaurant setting and/or you are looking to do something different. Working in this position in the United States entails a lot. It includes providing customers with the best services, greeting and servicing customers, and many more.
To work as a Waitress, you must be polite with your customers and must be able to communicate effectively. You don’t need to be skilled or have a school degree before you can apply for this role and be qualified.
How to Become a Waitress in USA
There are certain skills and qualifications that you must possess in order to succeed in getting a waitress job in the USA. This job will require a level of ability and competence to thrive and succeed at being good at what you do. These qualifications are necessary as they determine if you are capable of being a reputable staff or if you get the boot. The qualifications and skills needed include:
Excellent Service Delivery
You have to be dedicated to offering the best services to customers and guests. You should be looking for the best ways to assist them.
Active listening Skill
This means that you give the people your full attention and try to understand them. You will also be noting down points and orders and asking appropriate questions.
Verbal and Written Communication Skills
You should be able to communicate with them fluently. Except in the case of an absolute foreigner who can’t speak or understand English, you should have no problem passing along messages to clients clearly. In addition, your speech needs to be understandable and audible.
Exceptional Customer Service Skills
You need to be sociable and approachable. Easy and friendly facial expressions help make things easier. Also, you should know how to attain the standards of services and be customer-friendly.
You should be physically strong and also you need to have a steady arm. This is in relation to having your arm steady while you are constantly moving around. Your arm will most likely be in one position for a period so you’d want to learn to keep steady. You wouldn’t want an accident.
Finally, you should also have knowledge of food consumption, storage, and more. These are skills that will help you in the long run in attaining a suitable job position.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Waitress
Before applying for a Waitress Job in the United States, you must know the duties and responsibilities of this role. Here are some of the duties of a professional and qualified waitress in the US;
- Ensuring customers get the best wait service
- Taking orders from clients and delivering food and drinks based on their customer’s order
- Recommending new dishes and drinks and showing clients the Menu
- Providing accurate answers to questions and sharing information with restaurant patrons
- Greet and escort customers to their respective tables
- Decorate the tables by setting linens, silverware, and glasses
- Arrange table settings and maintain a neat dining area
- Follow all relevant safety and health regulations of the company
- Communicate with restaurant staff to review daily specials, change on the menu, etc
Finally, it is one of the duties of a waitress to provide an exceptional overall dining experience to guests and customers in the restaurant or hotel.
How do I Get a Sponsored Visa to Work as a Waitress in USA?
If you want to get any job in the USA with visa sponsorship, one of the best bets is first to get a job offer from a US employer to proceed. This step is one of the easiest and most difficult steps to follow.
It is difficult if you are not consistent in applying for job vacancies as a foreigner and you don’t have a job offer from a US employer. It is easy because once you do have a job offer from a US employer, the rest is easy enough.
If you have a waitress job offer from a US employer, he or she has to first send you a contract to sign. This contract is going to be part of the sponsorship documents in the following process. The US employer will get an approved Labor Certification from the United States Department of Labor.
Next, he or she will help file an immigrant petition on your behalf. This will be Form I-140. Furthermore, you will be required to adjust your status or you will be asked to apply for an immigrant visa.
Requirements and Skills Needed to Apply for a Waitress Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Meanwhile, there are several requirements and skills needed to apply for this position. This helps greatly in selecting the best candidates for the position. If you want to work a waitress job in the USA with visa sponsorship, you must:
- Have the stamina and physical strength to fulfill your duties and responsibilities.
- You need to have time management skills and should be able to work well under any condition.
- As a waitress, you also need to be logical and attain critical thinking. This works well with your job and helps you deliver the best results. You also get good reviews as a staff hence enhancing your professionalism.
- Also, you should be able to meet up to the minimum age requirement in the country. Advice would be for you to be 18 years and older to work as a waitress in the USA.
- High school diploma or an equivalent to be qualified. This however is not compulsory and not every employer will request this. It is advisable though to have it handy.
- Excellent and fluent in English.
- You need to have a valid working visa.
- Lastly, you need to pass a criminal record background check.
If there are any other requirements needed, you will be made known by the employer and you should be able to deliver.
Where can I Find Waitress Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship?
There are several platforms and websites where you can find and apply for Waitress Jobs in the United States. Some of the secure and legit websites to check out are;
How do I apply for Waitress Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship?
The steps to apply for a waitress job in the USA are pretty easy enough to comprehend and follow. If you want to apply for a waitress job in the USA with visa sponsorship, all you have to do is:
- You have to browse for job vacancies on job websites like LinkedIn, Monster, Fasthire, Indeed, etc.
- Once you have found a suitable company with a position that you are interested in, you can start the application process.
- Ensure that you go through the requirements, skills, job description, and more that will be displayed on the page
- Next, you start by clicking the Apply Button and you will be directed to the company’s website
- You begin by inputting your personal information like your Last name, first name, date of birth, etc.
- Your email address, phone number, and any more will be required
- In addition, you will have your updated CV uploaded to enhance your professionalism
- Finally, you will submit the application form to the company’s website.
Once done, you only have to wait for feedback before any more steps are followed. If you get feedback from the company, you can proceed with requesting a Canada visa sponsorship and Permit. These are some of the best steps to follow if you want to get a waitress job in the USA with visa sponsorship.
Benefits of Working as a Waitress in the United States
As previously stated, working in the United States as a Waitress opens you to a wide range of benefits and opportunities. Some of the most common benefits of working in the US as a Waitress include;
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Saving Plan
- Flexible Schedule
- Training and Development
- Free Meals and Accommodations
How much Does a Waitress Earn In USA?
Meanwhile, a Waitress in the United States can earn an average salary of $23,740 per year and this was recorded in 2020. However, the average salary of a waitress can vary based on their qualifications and skills. In other words, your years of experience in the job can determine your monthly or yearly payments.
Other factors that can determine your pay includes the state, the standard of the company, your Level of education, and a lot more. Nonetheless, you can also earn tips and bonuses from the client, and these ranges from $400 to $900 per week.