Most of us have pets and we also like our pets healthy and safe. Pet insurance isn’t a common thing but it is a big deal for most people. It is advisable to have pet insurance so that whenever anything happens to your pet you will not have to foot the bill by yourself. Trupanion pet insurance is the best insurance you can give to your pets. It offers comprehensive dog and cat insurance covering accidents, illnesses, injuries, and other medical conditions.
Trupanion Pet Insurance
Now, aside from the above services, Trupanion sells recovery and complementary care which covers certain treatments, like behavioral modification, chiropractic, and acupuncture as well. However, it does not offer coverage for exotic pets like birds, reptiles, and small mammals. And because it does not offer a wellness policy or rider it will not cover things like preventive care.
Trupanion cost does not have coverage limits and some companies and agencies have either annual or per-condition coverage limits that could limit the amount paid out for covered treatment. Just in case you don’t know Trupanion Canada is the best choice for very young puppies or kittens.
How Much Does Trupanion Cost?
The cost of insurance for a pet isn’t as expensive as most think it is. In fact, Trupanion pet insurance for a cat costs $30.88 per month for a $500 deductible. If you are getting dog insurance then it costs nothing less than $70.12 per month for a $500 deductible. This price is for a one-year-old female mixed-breed dog weighing between 50 and 90 pounds. Now, this pricing actually depends on the breed, your location, deductible, and pre-existing medical conditions.
Benefits of Trupanion Insurance
Trupanion pet insurance has a whole lot of benefits aside from the fact that it stands out from other companies. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits below.
- Trupanion insurance covers prescription food, herbal treatments, and supplements
- Their coverage is available from birth
- Coverage available for breeding, whelping, and queening
- Direct payments are made to veterinarians
- Deductibles range from $0 to $1,000
With fasting rising pet insurance companies, prescription food, supplements, and herbal treatments are not included. But with Trupanion all these are covered as long as they are prescribed for a qualifying condition by a licensed veterinarian.
Disadvantages of Trupanion Pet Insurance Quote
After looking at the benefits and advantages, we are going to be looking at the disadvantages as well.
- One of the disadvantages of Trupanion pet insurance is that direct payments are only available with partner veterinarians.
- The costs are more expensive than other pet insurance companies
- They do not offer wellness plans
- You have only one reimbursement percentage option
- Police do not cover exam fees
Now that you know the disadvantages, it is left to you to still get insurance from them. However, Trupanion is bets on selling accident and illness policies directly to pet owners through its website and over the phone. They are in partnership with shelters, veterinarians, and employers to sell coverage.
What does Trupanion Pet Insurance Cover?
Trupanion discount depends on the coverage you are going for and you must know what they cover before getting Trupanion pet insurance quote. Let’s take a look at what they offer below.
- Injuries such as a broken tooth or fractured bone
- Herbal therapy
- Veterinary supplements
- Illnesses such as vomiting or diarrhea
- Congenital conditions such as heart disease, liver disease, nervous system issues, and cataracts
- Hereditary conditions such as thyroid disease, upper respiratory infections, elbow, and hip dysplasia.
- Lab and diagnostic testing
- Prescriptions medications
Trupanion pet insurance does not cover some other policies such as sales tax if it applies to where you live, pre-existing conditions that happen before coverage starts, accident, and illness vet exam fees, and wellness care such as vaccinations, routine check-ups or flea and tick prevention.