Trailer Driver Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship – Trucking Companies in the United States are currently welcoming foreign drivers from across the world. Research shows that there are about 259,900 heavy and tractor Trailer Openings in the USA. And this estimation is projected to grow by 4% from 2021 to 2031.
You can apply for this position and earn up to $48,310. Also, you can get access to benefits such as Life, and health coverage, Vision and Dental, Paid leave, and more. In addition to the available benefits; you can get a Visa Sponsorship. Getting a Visa Sponsorship allows you to travel to the United States without having to cover your travel expenses.
However, to apply for this role, you must first meet the requirement and qualifications of the trucking company. Once you meet the laydown requirements your application will be approved and granted. If you will like to apply for Trailer Driver Jobs in the USA with a free visa, read through this article till the end.
Who is a Trailer Driver?
A trailer driver is in charge of transporting goods and services from distribution points and stores to various areas across the country as requested by their customers. To avoid delays, trailer drivers manage the best route planning.
They should also be very knowledgeable in the mechanical sector, routinely checking the vehicle’s condition, fixing any problems, and replacing worn-out parts to ensure efficient functioning. To do this, they should have a broad understanding of the mechanical industry.
Also, to address the questions and concerns of the clients and escalate complaints to management for prompt redress, a trailer driver needs to be exceptionally communicative and organized.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Trailer Driver
Meanwhile, the duties and responsibilities of a Trailer Driver in the USA are so many. And in this part of the article, we will be outlining some of the duties and responsibilities;
- Safely transporting freight to different destinations, including great distances.
- Choosing the most effective routes and providing timely delivery of the freight.
- Securing the cargo before departure and supervising its safe supply throughout the journey.
- Notifying the management of any delays caused by road conditions, accidents, or breakdowns.
- Ensuring proper operation by inspecting the truck and trailer before departure.
- Taking stock of the freight before leaving and recording its condition.
- Carrying out routine maintenance, including checking the levels of fluids, oil, and tires as needed.
- Recording the number of hours driven, the length of rest stops, the kilometers traveled, and the fuel, repair, and toll costs.
- Observing all federal, state, and local trucking laws and regulations, such as those governing required rest breaks, weight limits, and weight modifications.
- Helping to load and unload freight and getting the customer to sign for the delivery.
This and so many more are some of the most common duties and responsibilities of a Trailer Driver in the US.
Benefits of Trailer Driver Jobs in USA
The benefits of applying for Trailer Driver Jobs in the United States are so many. And so in this section of the article, we will be outlining some of the benefits. Here are the benefits of applying for Trailer Driver Jobs in the USA;
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Day Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
- Advancement In Career
- Flexible Spending Account
- Prescription Drug Insurance
Requirements and Qualifications
Just like every other Job, you need to meet the requirements and qualifications of your employer before you can apply for this role. The requirements and qualifications needed to apply for Trailer Driver Jobs in the USA are;
- A high school degree or GED
- A Commercial Driver’s License is required (CDL).
- Preferably, a licensed truck driving certificate of completion.
- Driving a tractor-trailer vehicle with a lot of experience.
- Strong time- and project management abilities.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving abilities.
- A spotless driving record and a thorough understanding of truck and trailer upkeep are both required.
- Advanced route-planning skills that utilize both road maps and GPS gadgets.
- Having the stamina to work irregular, long hours while remaining attentive and focused.
- Strong understanding of federal and state laws that govern the transportation service.
Lastly, an applicant must pass the compulsory drug test before applying for this role. Note that; aside from the above requirements, you might be required to meet other qualifications. So, check out the job description section for the requirements before applying for the role.
Where to Find Trailer Driver Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
You can now search and find trailer Jobs in the USA that offer visa sponsorship online. From social media platforms, job listing websites, and more, you can find the job of your choice. Some of the most legit job websites to check out are;
How to apply for Trailer Driver Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
In this section of the article, we will be discussing the steps and guidelines to follow in order to apply for a Trailer Job in the USA. The easy and straightforward steps to follow are;
- Firstly, ensure your computer is connected to a stable connection
- Visit any of the above-listed job websites using your web browser
- Search for Trailer Driver Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
- Scroll through the result provided by reading the job description, requirements, etc
- Conduct thorough research on the company to be sure the vacancy is legit
- After completing the research, tap on the Apply and follow the on-screen instruction
- You will be required to provide your basic information such as your name, age, education, marital status, etc
- Upload your Resume/CV and other required documents
- Lastly, carefully follow the prompts to complete your online application
If you have successfully completed your online application while following the above steps, wait for a response from the firm.
You will be invited for an online interview and if your interview is successful, your employer will tell the next step to follow. And also how to start your visa application process. In conclusion, ensure to provide your correct information as a background check will be carried out.