Are you an iOS device user? Have you heard of a setting on your device which can help you stay connected without you having to lift a finger? Yes, such a thing exists. Siri is a virtual assistant which is part of Apple Inc’s devices which includes; iOS, Mac, iPadOS, Apple Watch, audioOS, and more. Siri has the ability to do so many things with just voice commands. With your Siri on, you can call on Siri to make calls and send texts to you while you are busy with something. Also, it can even help you announce your message on your AirPods if you ask it to.
Siri uses voice commands, gesture-based control, focus tracking, and more to answer questions asked, recommend things and ideas, and also perform actions according to your requests to a set of internet services. However, when you use the Siri on your device continuously, it adapts to your language usage, searches, and preference and gives you your desired results. One unique thing about Siri is that it is even available in different languages. Some of these languages include; Arabic, English, Chinese, Danish, French, Hebrew, and many more. So you can set your Siri to listen and respond to you in a language you are more comfortable with.
What Can Siri Do?
Siri can do a lot of things; all you just have to do is ask. In fact, Siri does more than ever even before you ask. But despite the fact that Siri can do a lot, there are still certain things you shouldn’t ask Siri. But before that, here are some of the things Siri can do which make its service unique and used by thousands of iOS users all over the world;
- With Siri, you can set alarms, timers, and reminders.
- You can get directions to places
- With Siri Shortcut, you can access apps easily
- Siri can also help you find any music you want both online and on your playlist
- Control your home appliances just with your voice command.
- You can also get answers regardless of the question
- Search for books and send them as fast as you can imagine without having to touch your device
- Translate from any language to English and vice versa
- Tells bedtime stories
- Plays dice and flips a coin
- Changes your name to whatever you want.
Lastly, you can get the right kind of help from wherever you are. In addition, you can even personalize Siri to make it even more helpful and useful. You can teach Siri who your family members are and so many other things which include; unfamiliar words as Siri not only is always ready to assist but is also always ready to learn.
Can Siri Be Used on Android Devices?
Sadly, Siri cannot be used on Android devices and there’s no probability that later in the future it would work for an android device. However, if you are an android device user, you shouldn’t be discouraged as there are still virtual assistants like Siri that can work for your device. Besides, you can even find one a lot better than Siri itself.
How to Use Siri
To activate Siri for you to make it take your requests, there is a certain way you can do so if you are just using siri for the first time and you are not familiar with how to use it. By the way, using Siri is very easy and as easy as making a phone call on your cell phone. Here are steps on how to use Siri to make requests below;
- Hold your device’s home button till you feel two vibrations and see the question “what can I help you with?”
- Release the home button a bit or you can continue to hold it down if you want
- Speak to Siri and ask Siri for anything you want
- Be quiet and release the home button if you are still holding it
- Siri will then attend to you and give you answers in a matter of seconds.
Now that you know how to use Siri, you can now join other iOS device users to enjoy the services of Siri to help you stay connected without having to lift a finger from anywhere you are.