On the contrary, Pinterest is a social media platform that allows users to share visual content, similar to Instagram. But it differs in that every pin can be linked back to your website or other content. Pinterest marketing tips are a strategy used to increase awareness of your business. Pinterest helps businesses to drive organic traffic back to their website.
Which also helps increase the overall awareness of your brand or business. As you begin to use Pinterest marketing as part of your business marketing strategy. However, you may find that you need help creating amazing graphics setting up your Pinterest account or even creating the right content. Pinterest marketing tips are for those that want to increase their brand or company awareness. However, you could get more traffic to a company website or increase overall revenue.
Who Pinterest Marketing is Right for?
If you trying to consider Pinterest as part of your marketing strategy then you’ve got the right platform, these are surprising industries that are doing incredibly well on Pinterest like financial advisors, banks, attorneys, and tax advisors. Businesses and professions taking advantage of Pinterest include:
- Counseling services: counselors can post tips, advice, blog content, and pins to other helpful resources
- Financial advisors: advisers can pin blog content, testimonials, infographics, or links to lead magnets that encourage engagement
- Real estate agents: agents can pin testimonials, consultation tips, and also blog contents that are best to showcase for agents to see.
- Attorneys: tips on hiring an attorney, humor, blog content, and lead magnets are all great options for attorneys using Pinterest.
If your business is focused on producing amazing content, that you would like to get more visibility than what a Facebook post or a few tweets can provide, Pinterest is a wonderful platform to solve that. With Pinterest’s search engine, you can see a blog post or article resurfaces as a popular pin that is bringing traffic to your website.
How to Market on Pinterest
This is several steps on how to market on Pinterest:
- Set up your Pinterest business account: when you set up a business account on Pinterest this gives you the privileged to critical advertising features including features like analytics, reporting, board showcases, and added profile elements. As well as the ability to create a “Pin It” button for your website. Promote and buyable pins are also only available to those with a business account.
- On the Pinterest business portal;
- Go to business.Pinterest.com. once you land on the Pinterest business page
- Next, select Sign up
- Then, enter your email address, password, and business name.
Note: use some care when selecting your business name. Instead of just putting in the name of your company, stop and think about what people might look for if they were searching for your company on Pinterest. Moreover, you can decide to change your business name at any time.
Pinterest Marketing Strategy
Pinterest happens to be a social media web and mobile application platform. It’s designed as a software system that provides convenient saving and discovery of information on the world wide web using images and, on a smaller scale, Gifs and videos. Pinterest’s marketing strategy is different from other platforms.
To be successful on Pinterest it is important to know what distinguishes it from other social media channels. For a start, interest is not a social network it’s a visual search engine, designed for discovery. People are not there to connect with others, they are actively looking for ideas or solutions over a wide range of subjects.
How Pinterest can be used for Marketing
As a marketer, you can tap into this by anticipating the ideas and solutions your potential customers are looking for. Attract them by creating and publishing content on Pinterest that serves them the ideas and solutions they crave, either organically or through paid advertising.
This brings us to another major difference and advantage of Pinterest marketing as compared to other platforms. Did you know that after running a paid advertising campaign on Pinterest, the pins you promoted during the campaign will stay on Pinterest and continue to drive traffic? in addition, organic pins have an extremely long lifespan. More and more businesses are marketing on Pinterest, according to eMarker, 31.9% of US marketers used Pinterest in 2018, up from 29.1% in 2017.
How to Build a Successful Marketing Strategy
Before going into further detail, you should know that Pinterest is a long-term game that requires preparation, patience and strategic approach. It takes a while to get traction and conversions on Pinterest, especially if you only market organically. It is possible to speed things up a bit through paid advertising, but if you are looking for quick results, Pinterest is probably not for you! However, done right, it will send potentials customers to your site for months and years to come;
- Pinterest business accounts & profile: first thing first, you want your Pinterest account to look on-brand. And that means you have to start by turning it into a business account. It’s free and easy to create or convert from a personal account.
- Optimize your website: always make it very easy for your website visitors to pin from your pages. You have several options here. You can as well make options of Pinterest’s own save button or customize your own share button.
- Be active: after optimizing your profile and website.
- Analyze your work: lastly, analyze all of your hard work
Furthermore, you can use the following Pinterest marketing strategy tips to promote your business online. Also, creative ways in which you can advertise your blogging sites or other business products/brands.