How do I sell on Jumia in Nigeria? If you are a business owner looking to launch your products on a big e-commerce platform like Jumia, then you are in luck because this article covers the basis of what you need.
Selling on Jumia gives you the business opportunity to list your products online for customers who visit the platform to make purchases. As a business owner, frankly, selling on Jumia offers you more visibility, and Jumia also boosts products that are over 100,000 in varying categories.
Furthermore, Jumia has millions of monthly visitors and over 500,000 potential customers. With these huge figures, you can already tell that selling on Jumia is going to be a very lucrative process for your business. In this article, we will be discussing the steps and guidelines on how to successfully sell on Jumia in Nigeria.
Do I Need To Pay To Sell On Jumia?
There are costs associated with selling your products on Jumia because Jumia charges you, as a seller, a commission on every sale. Furthermore, Jumia always charges a fulfillment fee if you want to make use of their Jumia Express service to handle your order and shipping. In addition, you will need to pay if you want to use their marketing tools or services to advertise on Jumia.
Requirements Needed To Sell on Jumia In Nigeria
If you want to actively sell on the Jumia platform, here are some of the requirements needed to sell on Jumia:
- Legal Body: This means that your business needs to be registered in Nigeria for you to sell on the Jumia platform. However, if you are a foreign company, then you will need the help of a local agent.
- Quality Products: To sell on Jumia, you need to be able to promote good and quality products. This ties in with the needs of Jumia, which only supplies high-quality items to its clients. Furthermore, to be on the safe side, Jumia has a list of banned items that you can’t sell on the site.
- Product Images and Descriptions: To get your products displayed on the platform, you need to ensure that you have high-quality photographs to use. In addition, you need to give a proper description of your items.
- Order Fulfillment: Staying consistent with your business and keeping clients satisfied requires you to actively fulfill and deliver orders to them on time. Also, Jumia has the Jumia Express, which you can use as a seller to fulfill orders and deliveries.
- Bank account details
- Email address
- Phone Number
These are the requirements needed to successfully sell on the Jumia platform. To sell on Jumia, you will also need a laptop, a stable internet connection, etc.
How Does Selling on Jumia Work?
The process of selling on Jumia is pretty easy enough to know. The simple steps below are how selling on Jumia works:
- Register on the Jumia platform in under 5 minutes. This will include you also providing required documents like your bank account details and business registration.
- Next, become an e-commerce expert. You simply have to participate in the new seller training and complete it. Then, you also activate your Seller Center account to start managing and selling in your shop.
- The next step is to list and sell your products on the Jumia platform. Always ensure you upload your best-selling products to display to your customers.
- The last thing is to also access Jumia’s marketing and promotion tools. These tools will help you gain more visibility from the campaigns and promotions you run.
These are simple procedures that explain more to you how selling on Jumia runs.
How Do I Register As a Seller on Jumia In Nigeria?
If you want to start selling on Jumia, you will need to first register for an account on the platform. What’s more, registering an account on Jumia is completely free and can be done in under 5 minutes.
To register for an account on Jumia, you simply have to visit the official website at https://www.jumia.com.ng/market-place/. Then, begin by filling out the registration form. Once you have filled out the form, you will be required to watch the short training videos and take a quiz. Lastly, you will be sent an email with a link to create a password for your account.
What is the Seller Center?
If you want to start selling your products on Jumia, you need to properly utilize the Seller Center and all its features. From the moment you register your Jumia account, you will begin to manage your online store via the Seller Center.
So what is the Seller Center? This is a portal that gives you access to necessary information that gives you an overview of your transactions, updates your product information, manages sales, and more. Here are things that you can do from the Seller Center:
- Start promotional campaigns.
- Tracking all orders for your products in the Jumia network
- Use the buyer’s metric to monitor your selling performance.
- Keep stock of your inventory.
- Update your listings.
So, as a seller on the Jumia platform, using the Seller Center on Jumia gives you multiple privileges to grow your business.
How To List Products On Jumia To Sell
Now that you have an active marketplace account on Jumia, you can start selling your products. However, if you are new to Jumia, then you must be new to how listing your products online works.
Well, the first thing to know is that you can do your listings easily using your Seller Center account. Also, there are different ways you can list your products, and this depends on the category and the number of products you want to display. The various ways you can list on Jumia are:
- Sell your feature
- List one product at a time.
- Do massive creation with bulk templates.
- Ask the Jumia Content Team to help you list your products online.
In conclusion, whatever it is you or sell, it is very important that you comply with Jumia’s product creation guidelines, Jumia’s list of banned items, and their guidelines in general to avoid conflicts of interest.