Don’t know how to get Access Bank Token? Well, worry less because this write-up will provide details on how you can generate your Access Bank’s Token.
All transactions made through Access Bank online banking require a Token. Without this token PIN, you will not be able to authenticate any online transaction.
Meanwhile, Access Bank Token is an extra security measure to make sure that all transactions are safely carried out by the account holder. The Token can either be a soft or a hard token and it is issued by the bank for a small fee.
Furthermore, the token helps to lower the dangers of unauthorized access to the customer’s transactions and accounts.
What Is Access Bank Token?
The Access Bank Token is a unique PIN that is issued by Access Bank to all its account holders. With this PIN, you will be able to make transactions.
To send money from your account to another bank account, you will be asked to enter your Access Token PIN. This therefore makes this Access token PIN very important because it assures the safety of your funds and Access bank account details.
Benefits of Access Bank Token PIN
Access Bank Token has several importance which include the additional safety of the customer’s transaction. However, this isn’t the only importance of the Token PIN. Here are some other perks:
Prevents Identity Theft
This Access bank token helps stop identity theft by making sure that only the account owner can have access to their account. Without the Access Token, fraudsters will be able to use stolen login details to have access to the account. However, with the token, they will not be able to finish any transaction without the Token PIN.
Access Token lowers the risk of fraud and unauthorized access to the customer’s account.
Complements Other Security Measures
The Token enhances other security measures such as two-factor authentication, strong passwords, and biometric authentication. This makes it even more difficult for thieves to have access to the customer’s account.
Types of Access Token PIN
Access Bank issues two types of Token PINs to their account holders to improve the safety of their banking transactions. Here are the types of Token PINs:
The soft token is a virtual token that generates a one-time password on a mobile device. This soft token is accessed through the bank’s mobile app and it is linked to your bank account.
If you want to generate the soft token PIN, you can use the Access Bank mobile app or use the Access Bank USSD code.
The hard token is a small device that generates the token code each time you want to make a transaction. This hard token can be used anytime as it doesn’t have an expiry date.
Each of these Access Bank Tokens offers an extra layer of safety to the customer’s funds and transactions.
Requirements to Get Access Token PIN
Before you can generate the Token, you will need to provide certain information they would require. These include;
- A valid email address.
- An active Access Bank account number.
- An amount of N1,500.
- Phone number linked to the Access bank account.
This is all you will need to be able to generate your Access Bank Token PIN.
How to Generate Access Bank Token
Generating a bank token isn’t a big deal task. All you just need to do is follow the procedures to be able to successfully carry that out. However, to generate your Token PIN, you will have to carefully adhere to the instructions below:
- Visit any Access Bank Branch close to you.
- Walk to the customer service space and ask for the help of an agent.
- Request for a Token application.
- Fill out the application form.
- Then fill out the application with the accurate details.
- After filling out the token application form, take the form to the officer.
- Next, you will be asked to request a transaction token.
- Then, you will receive the details of the token activated on your account.
- Afterward, your account will be debited a fee of N1,500 for the token.
With the Token code, you can use it to make transactions on the mobile app and the online banking platform.
How To Generate Access Bank Token Online
One of the ways to generate the Token online is to use a third-party token generator. There are numerous third-party token generators that you can use to generate your Access token. Here is how to generate the Access Code:
- Head over to the third-party token generator website.
- Input the URL of the API that you want to use.
- Input your application’s name and description.
- Choose the scopes that you need to access.
- Tap on the “Generate Token” button.
- Next, the token generator will generate an Access token for your application.
- Then you copy the access token.
As soon as you have the Access Token PIN, you can use it to authenticate your request to API.
How to Generate Tokens on Phone
Follow the steps below to generate the Bank Token PIN with your mobile phones:
- Open the App Store on your mobile device.
- Search for the Entrust Identity App.
- Install the app.
- Click on Create Account.
- Input your Access Bank account number.
- Enter your registered phone number.
- Click on the Send OTP button.
- Enter the One-Time Password sent to your phone.
- Click on the Verify button
- Next, create a PIN for your token.
- Click on the Activate button.
- Next, your token will be activated and then you will be able to generate a token.
After generating your token, you can use it to make transactions on the Access Bank mobile app or online banking platform.