Want to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC and then find it difficult to do so? Do not worry as to how to do that, as that will be shown to you in this article. Firstly, we all know Oculus Quest 2 as a standalone headset that runs on Android devices. But then we want to use it on our PC. Well, it is, however, possible and easy to do.
Oculus Quest 2 is known to be one of the best VR headsets. Besides, it has a very nice design and ease of use, and you can also get a very large library of games right from it. But, do you know there’s more you can get when you connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC? You can even use it to play games on your PC device and enjoy more of what it has to offer.
To connect this device to your PC, there are two ways you can do that. Both ways will be shown to you before the end of this article. So, you can have fun not just using your headset device on your Android, but also on your PC device freely.
Oculus Quest 2 PC Connection Requirements
There are two ways in which you can connect Oculus Quest 2 to your PC. These two ways include: through the link and via the air link. But before you can connect your Oculus Quest 2, your system ought to have some requirements.
The Oculus App is required, as is a PC with an Intel i5-4590 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or higher and at least 8GB of RAM, as well as most Nvidia GPUs from the 970-series and above. There are still more requirements you need to meet before you can connect your device to your PC.
You can read more about them here. Once you have all these requirements, you can now start using your VR headset with your PC device.
How to Connect Your Oculus Quest 2 To Your PC
Connecting is very easy once your PC has all the requirements. You can even connect using either of the two ways, which are via the link or the air link. Besides, both ways are very easy. But there’s a difference between them. One of them makes you stay in a place when you are using it. The other allows you to move about.
The connection through the link, however, makes you stay tethered to your computer, and moving about freely would be impossible. You have to use a USB cable for this. While the connection through an air link enables you to move freely, there are more steps compared to the link connection process. Here’s how to connect using both ways below:
Connect Via Link
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2.
- Open the app on your PC and tap “Select device.”
- Click on “Add Headset”
- Choose your headset (Quest2).
- Select your connection method.
- If you are using the link, click on Link (cable).
- Plug one end of the cable into your PC and the other into your headset.
- Click on ”continue.”
- And start using your headset.
Connect Via Airlink
- Connect your PC and Quest 2 to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You should connect to a 5GHz network.
- Open the Oculus App on your PC.
- Select devices.
- Tap on “Add Headset”
- Choose the Quest 2 headset.
- Choose your connection method (Air Link wireless).
- Wear your headset.
- Open quick settings
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select Experimental box
- Locate the Air link and toggle it on.
- Return to your main setting window.
- Then select the Air Link box.
- Then you would see all the PC devices on your network that have Airlink.
- Select your PC.
- You will get a pairing code on your headset.
- Remove the headset and ensure the code matches the code on your screen.
- Put the headset back on again and complete your pairing.
Once you are done pairing, you can now use the headset with your PC to play games and do all that it allows you to do.
CHECK IT OUT <<< How to Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Computer