Connecting a PS4 controller to a PS5 is one thing gamers want to find out. So, if you are one of these inquisitive gamers, then relax because I can help you. Read this article to find out how to connect a PS4 controller to a PS5.
This process is very easy. However, it still isn’t clear to many, but it is nothing to be embarrassed about. PlayStation is one of the world’s most used gaming consoles today. Furthermore, the PS4 and PS5 are the consoles that provide the best gaming experience.
Plus, apart from gaming, there are different reasons why you may wish to connect the PS4 to the PS5. However, this process also comes with limitations. One of them is that you cannot make use of the PS4 to play PS5 games.
If you want to play PS4 and PS5 games on the same console, then you can make use of Remote Play. Either way, you can still connect the PS4 controller to PS5 for other reasons. Plus, do not be alarmed because PlayStation 4 consoles are supported and compatible with the PlayStation 5.
How to Use a Cable to Connect a PS4 Controller to a PS5
Connecting a PS4 controller to PS5 using a cable is very easy. It is also known as a wired connection, and it is used to accomplish this.
- Input the USB cable into the DualShock 4 controller.
- Next, connect it to your PS5 using any of its USB ports.
- Then, hold down the PlayStation button.
- You will find this in between the analog sticks.
Then, hold up for the lights to start flashing, and your console is now connected to your PlayStation 5. So, after these consoles are connected, you can now remove or unplug the USB cable.
How To Connect PS4 Controller to PS5 Without Cable
Linking or pairing your PS4 controller to PS5 without a cable is stress-free. Besides, it is also the same as making use of Bluetooth. In other words, the only way to connect a PS4 controller to PS5 without a cable is via Bluetooth.
- Move to Settings.
- Go to General, then tap on Bluetooth Accessories.
- Set your DualShock 4 to pairing mode.
Follow the prompts and you will be able to use both your PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 at the same time.
How To Connect PS4 Controller to PS5 Without USB
To pair your PlayStation 4 controller to your PlayStation 5, follow these steps:
- Go to your Settings.
- Tap on Accessories.
- Then, click on Bluetooth Accessories.
- If you have connected these controllers before, just go to Registered Accessories.
- But if you have not, keep scrolling.
- Switch the controller to its pairing mode.
- Next, turn the controller off.
- Press down on the Share button and the PlayStation button at once.
- Keep pressing it until the light begins to flash quickly.
Lastly, tap on the PS4 controller and click on the X option.
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to PS5 Wireless
To connect your PlayStation 4 to your PlayStation 5 through wireless means, then, all you need to do is to make use of the above or below steps to achieve this process. To be clear, connecting a PS4 controller to a PS5 wirelessly via Bluetooth is the same as connecting via USB.
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to PS5 Via Bluetooth
Linking your PS4 to your PS5 is simple. Use these steps to successfully connect both of them:
- Go to the Settings
- You will see this on your PS5 screen.
- Click on Accessories.
- Next, tap on Bluetooth Accessories.
- However, if you have paired the PS4 to the PS5 before, you will find it in Registered Accessories.
- But to pair these consoles for the first time, turn on its pairing mode.
- Switch the controller off and hold down the Share button as well as the PlayStation button at the same time.
- Do this until the light starts flashing fast.
Next, choose the PS4 controller and click on X. You have finally paired these two controllers together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Can’t I Connect My PS4 Controller to My PS5?
If you are having trouble connecting your PS4 controller to your PS5, then try resetting the controller. So, it is either you unplug it or you turn off the controller or console. To reset the console, press the reset button.
You can find it at the back of the console. However, both controllers have different locations for this reset button. You can find the PS5 reset button beside the Sony logo. Then, the PS4 reset button is the button beside the L2 button.
Why is My PS4 Controller Blinking White and Not Connecting?
If you are trying to connect your consoles and it won’t connect, then there are 2 possible issues. So, if your controller is blinking white and will not connect, firstly, it is either your console failed to connect to your PS controller.
Secondly, another issue behind this problem is the battery, which is dying, so try charging it and connecting it again.
Why is My PS4 Controller Flashing Blue and Not Connecting?
If your PS4 console is blinking blue, it means that the controller is trying to pair with the other console. But it should quit blinking after it has paired. However, if it does not, then try resetting your controller.