What is Goldwater Scholarship? If you haven’t heard about this before, this article is perfect to enlighten you. Goldwater Scholarship was established by Congress in 1986. It is also a living memorial to Senator Barry Goldwater’s lifetime achievements. A soldier and statesman who spent 56 years serving his nation, including 30 years in the United States Senate.
Undergraduates who have an interest in pursuing graduate degrees in mathematics and natural sciences, or engineering should take the Goldwater scholarship. Furthermore, the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for college juniors and seniors who are pursuing a career in mathematics and natural sciences. Engineering is also a very subject too.
Moreover, the college or university should nominate the student. However, you can also apply for Goldwater Scholarship if you are a US citizen or a permanent resident. Each year, colleges and universities nominate four undergraduate students to receive final Scholarships.
The Foundation examines the topic of study, career aspirations, commitment, and potential for making a major professional impact when giving scholarships. The university makes use of Letters of recommendation, student essays, and prior research experience to assess this. Nonetheless, the quantity of scholarships available in each location is available by the number and qualities of the nominees.
Applicants must be SOPHOMORES or JUNIORS in the upper quarter of their class and U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents. Outstanding academic performance and demonstrated potential for a career in mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering are among the selection requirements. Moreover, the importance of undergraduate research experience is high. For up to two years, you can earn up to $7,500 per year.
Goldwater Scholarship Nomination Process
Before being authorized to apply, candidates must complete pre-screening.
- Visit https://goldwater.scholarsapply.org to complete your Student Profile and Pre-Application.
- Request letters of recommendation from three research or academic faculty members.
- Provide a signed FERPA Release for Goldwater to each faculty member (pdf).
- When submitting the Pre-Application, include the names and email addresses of the recommenders.
- Pre-Applications for Goldwater will be considered within 7 days. You will be given access to the Goldwater online application if you pass the eligibility check for the prize.
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Eligibility
To be able to find out if you are qualified for this scholarship, you will need to go through the eligibility steps.
- Verify that you are a United States citizen, permanent resident, or national
- Confirm that you are sophomore or junior in the upper fourth of his or her class with a college grade-point average of at least “B.”
- Make sure, Mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering are all viable options.
- Make an Excellent academic record (3.7+ GPA) as an undergraduate.
- Keep a track record of participation in undergraduate research.
Applicants need to submit all papers, including letters of recommendation, before the University’s deadline. In addition, the deadline for nominations to the Goldwater Foundation is January 26, 2022, according to the Goldwater Foundation release.
- Pre-Application form and student profile: The Office of Fellowships and Scholarships will give you access to the Goldwater online application after assessing your Goldwater pre-application. Complete and submit the Goldwater application as a whole. As the Goldwater Campus Rep, Jeff Berg will log in to the Goldwater portal and download your completed application for campus approval.
- Three recommendation letters: Letters from professors who can describe your prospects for a future in mathematics, natural science, or engineering in length, with concrete examples and excitement. In addition, give top emphasis to teachers and directors who understand your ambition to work in the field of research.
- Someone who has overseen your work should write at least one of the letters. The “Goldwater Scholarship Nomination Committee” should receive signed letters on official letterhead. By the November internal deadline, recommenders should email their letters to email@example.com. Give your writers this vital piece of advice. And there’s more on how to write helpful letters.
- Transcripts from every college you’ve ever attended: For the campus deadline, unofficial is acceptable. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Typed research essay: Three pages (with references and citations, if any), font size 12 pt, submitted to the Goldwater online application and emailed to email@example.com.