If you are a newbie on Snapchat with zero friends, and you are searching for ways to find Snapchat friends. Or perhaps you already have Snapchat friends and want to make more. You don’t need to worry. There are several ways to find Snapchat friends.
Snapchat is an American-based instant messaging and snap application that allows you to take cool and amazing pictures. Also, it allows you to make videos as well as communicating with your friends and family. More than a million people from across the world use the social media platform due to its amazing features and services.
And just like every other social media platform such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and a lot more, Snap hat allows you to find and make new friends. However, searching for or finding new friends on Snapchat and every other social media platform can be challenging, especially when you are new.
Nevertheless, you can still find new friends on Snapchat and connect with celebrities, your family, and your loved ones. By adding your mobile number, search for friends through usernames, using a Snapcode, and many more. You can easily find new friends on Snapchat.
To get started, you will first need to download and install Snapchat. If you already have the app, then sign up or log in to your account. Now, check out the outline for the steps to finding Snapchat friends.
3 Ways to Find Friends on Snapchat
In this section of the article, we shall be providing you with different ways to find someone on Snapchat with ease. As mentioned, download the Snapchat app and sign up for an account with the social media platform. Then, follow or use any of the listed ways to find a person on Snapchat.
Search for Friends on Snapchat Through Phone Contact
By granting Snapchat access to your phone contacts, you can find new friends, and here are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device.
- In the left-hand corner of your home screen, click on your profile icon, which will appear as a Bitmoji.
- On the next page, click on your profile information and click on “FIND FRIENDS” on the Snapchat button.
- You will be asked to sync your phone contacts with your Snapchat app.
- Click on Sync Contacts with the App.
- Or tap on “ADD FRIENDS” on the Snapchat home screen.
- Then, click on the “ALL CONTACTS” button to sync contacts.
- Hit the continue button and allow Snapchat to view your contacts.
- Once you click on the Add Friends button, your contacts that are on Snapchat will be displayed on your screen.
- Lastly, click on the Add button to send a request to these users.
Note that you can also send an invite to contact who aren’t using Snapchat by tapping on the invite button displayed on your screen.
Find Friends By Username
If you know the username of a friend on Snapchat, you can search for them by using the search icon. To use this method, follow the steps below:
- Open the Snapchat App on your smartphone.
- Click on the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Enter the person’s username you are trying to find.
- A username that matches your search will be displayed on your screen.
- Scroll through the options to search for your friend.
- Then, click on the ”Add” Button next to their user name to add that person.
You can follow the above method to search for more friends on Snapchat by simply entering their username and adding them to your list of friends. Also, you can use this method to make friends with a celebrity using Snapchat. But this can be done if you know their username.
Find Friends by Scanning a User’s Snapcode
Once you have a Snapchat account, you will be provided with a unique Snapcode. This means that every Snapchat user has a Snapcode or a QR Code. You can scan this code directly from the app to find friends and then proceed to add them. Here are steps and guidelines to follow;
- Open the Snapchat App on your Android or iOS device from your home screen.
- Go to camera mode, which is the screen that displays the camera for you to make videos and take pictures.
- Ask your friend to open their Snapchat and open their snap code by tapping on their profile icon at the top left corner of the app.
- Note: the yellow box with the dots and icon is the snap code.
- Point your phone camera at the user’s Snapcode, and then tap and hold the screen for some seconds.
- Your camera will automatically scan the Snapcode and locate the user’s account.
- Lastly, click on “ADD FRIENDS” to add the user to your Snapchat friend list.
However, it should be noted; that you don’t need to be with the user before using this method. You can simply ask the user to screenshot or take a picture of their Snapcode so as to be scanned by you and added to your friend list.