Are you a content creator looking for a platform to post and share your videos? YouTube is the best platform for you to share and post your short videos. In the meantime, YouTube has launched a new feature called “Shorts’’ on its platform. YouTube Shorts is a new way for creators to grow their channel and get discovered by new viewers.
Before the introduction of YouTube Shorts, Instagram Reels and TikTok were the short-form video-sharing tools gaining people’s attention. As such, Google thought it wise to create a short-form video-sharing feature on its video-sharing platform. Anybody that has a YouTube channel can upload shorts either on their mobile device or computer.
YouTube is an online video-sharing site where you can search for and watch videos you want. You can create a YouTube channel to post long videos, but some content creators find it difficult most of the time to post videos because it requires a long process. But the YouTube feature, which is YouTube Shorts, will help you shoot and share videos of no more than sixty seconds.
How to Create a Short Video on YouTube
YouTube shorts can be created on the YouTube app and the YouTube website. By default, any video you upload to YouTube that is not up to sixty seconds long will be categorized as “Shorts.” Check the steps below on how to create shorts on YouTube:
- First of all, download the YouTube app on your Android or iOS device.
- Then launch the YouTube app on your home screen.
- After that, you scroll down and, from the list of features, you can then tap the create button, which is the plus symbol.
- From the results, check the option, then click on Create Shorts.
- If it’s your first time creating a short, your device will ask you to allow access to your camera and microphone.
- Then you see the page for recording your short.
- The maximum recording length for shooting a short is 60 seconds, but the default setting is 15 seconds. If you tap for 15 seconds, you can record for 60 seconds.
- You can also tap the speed icon on the right side of the page to speed up or slow down the video.
- Also, filters help you be creative with your recordings. But some Android devices might not have this feature.
- Once you are done, you can tap the red button to stop the video. Tap again to start another segment of the video.
- When you are done with the recording, you can tap the check mark to add filters, music, or text to the videos.
- Add a title to your video and adjust the settings.
- Tap “upload,” and your recordings will be uploaded to YouTube.
Note that you also need to add some hashtags to promote your videos on YouTube. You can successfully create Shorts with the help of the guidelines above.
How to Watch YouTube Shorts
To watch shorts from the YouTube app, make sure you have YouTube installed on your mobile device. To watch shorts, follow the guidelines below.
- Launch the YouTube app on your device.
- After that, go to the home screen.
- From the home screen, you will see a list of features.
- Check and click on the “Shorts” feature.
- After clicking on the Shorts, you will see different ‘’Shorts’’ in form of short videos.
- Click on any ‘’Shorts” you want and watch.
Following this step will help you watch YouTube Shorts, and it can also give you an insight into how to create your own short videos. Also, you get to like and share the video on other platforms. Creating short videos on YouTube has given promotions to different content creators. Have fun watching different types and get promotions for making short videos.
Finally, you can create your shorts and millions of people from different countries will view, love, and comment on your videos. You also have the advantage of seeing the aggregate percentage of other YouTube users who viewed, liked, and commented on your videos. Also, some other people might just decide to view yours if they find out that you have a high rate of viewers on YouTube.
Can I Monetize Shorts on YouTube?
Spoiler alert!!! YouTube Shorts only count toward a channel’s total watch hours, but they are not monetizable. To apply for the YouTube Partner Program, you need to have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months. Views from shorts reflect in your channel watch hours, but they don’t count towards YPP eligibility.