What should I do if my Netflix account is hacked? No doubt, Netflix is one of the most popular streaming platforms in the world. Sadly, this makes the app a target for hackers who want to enjoy movies and TV shows while allowing others to foot the bill. Sometimes hackers change the password, and other times they don’t. If you have a Netflix account and are worried your account has been hacked, there is no need to panic. In this article, we will be discussing what you need to do when your Netflix account is hacked.
How do I know if my Netflix account has been hacked?
Meanwhile, hackers use different methods to gain access to someone’s Netflix account. As stated above, most hackers gain access to your account and then leave your credentials in the hopes that you don’t find out. In this case, you will need to monitor for strange viewing activity on your Netflix account.
Furthermore, most hackers change your login email and password to prevent you from accessing your account. In this situation, you will have to contact Netflix to regain control of your account. Check out the next outline for steps and guidelines on how to get your account back.
What You Should Do If My Netflix Account Gets Hacked
There are several things you need to do when your Netflix account gets hacked. In this section of the article, we will outline the various methods to follow when your account gets hacked.
Log out of your Netflix Account on All Devices
If you notice your account has been hacked, the first thing to do is log out of it on all devices. Here are the steps and guidelines to follow:
- Open the Netflix app, sign in to your account, and select “Account.”
- Then, click Viewing to view all the activities in your account. Note: If you are hesitant, click continue to the next step because the hacker may remove the previous activity.
- Next, tap on Recent device streaming activity to view the list of locations where your account is logged in.
- Check if there are any unknown logins from other areas or countries.
- If you find a login that you are unaware of, click on Settings and then tap on “Sign out all devices.”
Following this step, your account on all devices, including those used by the hackers, will be signed out. Once you’ve successfully signed out of all your devices, you can proceed to change your password. Check out the next outline for steps to change your password.
Change your Netflix Account Password
After successfully logging in to your account from all devices, the next step is changing your account password. You can change your password on your computer or mobile device. Check out the steps and guidelines below to change your password.
Changing your Password From a Mobile Device
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile device and sign in to your account.
- Next, select “More” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Then, visit the app settings and navigate until you find your e-mail address in the Action section.
- Click it, and then you will be able to change your password.
- Lastly, enable two-step authentication for your Gmail address. This will help validate each login by clicking on a link you’ll receive in your e-mail.
How to Change Your Password on a Computer
- Sign in to your Netflix account on your computer.
- Navigate down to your profile icon in the top right corner, and then select Account from the dropdown menu.
- Tap on “Change password.” On this page, you will find the top-right corner of the Account page under Membership and Billing.
- On the next page, input your current password in the first field and your new password in the other two.
- Optionally, click the box next to “Require all devices to sign in again with a new password.” This will log out all your connected devices from Netflix.
- Lastly, tap on “Save” to save your new password.
Contact Netflix Support
In most cases, hackers can change the email address associated with your Netflix account. With this, your password change and other information will be sent to the hacker. You can, however, check if your Netflix account has been changed. Simply click on your user icon and tap Account from the dropdown menu. Next, check if the email address next to Membership and Billing is correct.
If you, however, find out that someone has changed your email address, you will need to ask for help from Netflix support. To do this, you need to ask other account holders logged in to report the issue to Netflix through their support center or on Android and iOS by tapping their account profile icon in the top right, choosing Help, and then tapping Chat or Call.
Also, you can contact the Netflix Help Center. You will find the help center under “Manage My Account” and select “My email was changed without my permission. Alternatively, you can navigate down to the bottom of the Help Center page, where you will find the option to speak with a customer representative by choosing Call Us or Start Live Chat.