USAA Car Insurance – If you are a service member, then USAA is the best insurer for you. This company offers some of the lowest car insurance rates on the market. USAA was established to have the lowest representative rates among other insurers. In addition, it was established by military members in the 1920s.
Through USAA’s free membership, military service members can be eligible for a range of insurance products, including car insurance. USAA car insurance provides several discounts along with the potential to save up to $725 each year by switching. It also offers several discounts to save on your insurance policy.
Types of USAA Car Insurance Plans
USAA offers four types of car insurance that cover a variety of things. You can pick and combine coverage types for maximum protection. Here are the types of car insurance coverage:
Each state has its minimum liability coverage requirements. This coverage pays for the damage to another person’s vehicle, and it can protect your finances if the other driver sustains an injury because of a car accident. It is important to note that there are minimum limits, and you might want to get higher limits. To get more protection, you can go for an umbrella policy that offers more limits.
This option covers the total cost of damages to the car related to collisions. If you are in a collision with another car, then you can file a claim to fix your car.
Uninsured and Underinsured Coverage:
There are requirements, but not every driver might have car insurance coverage or enough in the case of an accident. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage pays for injuries if you are hurt and there is not enough coverage to cover them.
This option protects you from other events that can damage your car. These events include things such as fires, hail, floods, debris, and more.
These are the major USAA car insurance options to choose from if you are searching for standard coverage. However, you can also expand your perks by choosing one of the add-on coverage types.
USAA Additional Coverage Options from USAA Car Insurance
If you want to add to your car insurance perks, then you can check out other optional coverage that is available through USAA. Here are some of the additional coverages:
If you want to ensure that you have someone to help you if you need to jumpstart, then getting a roadside assistance plan can also offer help with flat tires. In addition, you can help if you are locked out or if you get stuck. These services will be covered at no cost. This company also has a high towing limit of 50 miles. You can also request help through the app, and within minutes, someone will come.
If your car is out of commission because of an accident, then this coverage can reimburse you for a rental. This way, you will still have a way to get around.
Rideshare Gap Protection:
If you drive through a ride-sharing app, then you might want to consider this protection, which will help you stay covered while you wait for your next ride to be booked. Usually, your regular insurance will cover you if you are not working with the app, and the ride-share company might cover some events if you are using the app.
Liability coverage might have limits that don’t cover you in serious events, and your assets might be at risk. Umbrella insurance via USAA can get you up to a million dollars in coverage.
Classic Car Insurance:
If you are a classic car collector, then you can get specialized auto insurance through USAA. This coverage considers the worth of your car and mileage and can offer a unique perk suited to your needs.
The above-mentioned are the additional coverages that you can add to your USAA car insurance policy.
USAA Auto Insurance Discounts
USAA provides its policyholders with several discounts that you might be able to use. Here are some of the discounts:
- Annual Mileage: You can get a discount if you drive a low number of miles each year. You need to be over the age of 28 to be eligible for this discount.
- Military installation: if you park your car on a military base, then you can reduce your comprehensive premiums by 15%.
- Premier driver: if you maintain a good driving record for at least 5 years, you will get this discount and be eligible for accident forgiveness.
- Driving research: drivers have the option of adding a plug-in device to their car. This device tracks the policyholder’s driving habits, and it helps USAA’s driving research program earn those in the program a 5% discount.
- Driver training course: drivers under the age of 21 can save money on their car insurance rates by taking a driver education course.
- Defensive driving course: By choosing to enroll in a defensive driving course, you will be able to save money on your USAA insurance premiums.
- Good student: students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher can earn a discount. In addition, those on their school’s academic achievement list can earn a higher discount.
- New vehicle: You will receive a discount if your vehicle is not more than 3 years old.
- Automatic payments: You can save up to 3% by scheduling automatic payments.
- Family discount: policyholders whose family member is a member of USAA can get a discount on their car insurance.
- Multi-vehicle discount: drivers with more than one car on their policy can get a discount.
Finally, USAA provides free quotes online, and they have been the best since their establishment.
Who is qualified for USAA insurance coverage?
One of the downsides of USAA insurance coverage is that its benefits are limited by your location. Another downside is that USAA membership is only available to:
- Children and stepchildren of USAA members.
- Spouses of USAA members.
- Active, retired, or honorably discharged officers and military members.
- Officer candidates from OSC, ROTC, or an academy.
- Widowers, widows, and unmarried former spouses of USAA members who are joined during marriage.
Lastly, USAA benefits mostly service members and is limited to certain states.
How much does USAA car insurance cost?
Car insurance premiums are influenced by several different factors. These can include things such as miles driven, driving history, location, type of car, gender, age, credit, and more. In addition, your rate will be based on the car insurance provider and the coverage options that you buy.
Based on USAA information, policyholders can save up to $725 per year when they change auto insurance providers and get new insurance with USAA. The average cost of the USAA monthly premium is $114 per month. To know how much your car insurance will cost, you can get a quote from the USAA website.
How to File a Claim with USAA Car Insurance
Through the USAA mobile app, you can file a claim. The app enables policyholders to submit pictures of their cars’ damage and keep tabs on their claims so that they will know their status. You can also file a claim on your USAA account on your computer. The process usually takes about 15 minutes, and it can be done any time you want. As soon as you submit, you will get a claim representative assigned to your case.
You will also need to add the names of the parties involved, the time, date, and location of the incident, the insurance information for all parties involved, and the vehicle makes and models for all the parties involved. Also, you should take good-quality photos of the damage. You will submit a claim sharing the details of the incident and then get an inspection. Later, you will receive your payments as soon as a deductible is taken out.
How Good Is USAA Insurance?
USAA is one of the best auto insurance providers. The company is ranked among the top insurers in the country. They are one of the cheapest car insurance companies for veterans, military members, and their families.