Are you struggling to pay for your college tuition? Well, you will be thrilled to know about the Tata Scholarship. These scholarships are available from the Tata Group, which is a famous multinational conglomerate for outstanding students. These scholarships were created to award deserving students financial support, admissions to top schools, and personal and professional growth opportunities.
In addition, the Tata Scholarships can be applied online, and they are exclusively awarded to qualified students. The main objective of this scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to eligible students who have great potential but are unable to get an education due to financial problems.
Furthermore, this scholarship is available to outstanding students who are pursuing different fields such as engineering, medicine, business, and more. The scholarship programs are available to school students from grades 8 and up. In addition, students who want to get a higher education abroad can also apply for Tata scholarships to get financial assistance for their studies abroad.
Details of the Tata Scholarship
The Tata scholarships are extended to students who hail from underprivileged families. These scholarships are available for students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate, or even Ph.D. studies in any field. The Tata scholarship amount will be given every year for the four-year program. This scholarship covers the expenses of annual course fees and tuition fees.
Benefits Of Tata Scholarships
The Tata scholarships are a support system for students and offer an array of benefits, which include:
- Support for travel expenses.
- Coverage of tuition fees for undergraduate programs.
- Empowering women.
- Access to leadership development programs.
- Provision of health insurance coverage.
- Financial assistance for accommodation and living expenses.
- Opportunities to participate in research projects and internships.
The Tata Scholarships empower young women in India by supporting their education.
Types of Tata Scholarships
The table below shows the different types of scholarships offered by the Tata Foundation to eligible students.
|J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships
|This Tata Scholarship for Study Abroad financially supports students seeking Master’s, Ph.D., and Postdoctoral Fellowships abroad.
|Tata Trust Medical and Healthcare Scholarships
|This scholarship helps students pursue medical and healthcare studies financially.
|Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Trust Scholarship
|This Tata Scholarship for Study Abroad helps pay for female students to study abroad in fields such as social work, public health, education, gender studies, rural development, communication of development, and child health.
|Tata Cornell Scholarship/Cornell University Tata Scholarship, NY
|This Tata scholarship for study abroad provides financial aid to Indian students studying at Cornell University, New York.
|Tata Trust Means Grant for College
|College students are given financial aid through this scholarship.
|Tata Trust Women Scholarship for Neurosciences
|This scholarship offers funding assistance to female neuroscience students.
|Tata Trust for Speech Therapy
|Students who want to study speech can benefit financially from this scholarship.
Tata Cornell Scholarship
Tata Education and Development Trust has created a $25 million fund to assist talented Indian students from underprivileged backgrounds. This will give Cornell University the ability to offer financial aid to qualified Indian students studying for an undergraduate degree.
It is intended to help Indian students get an education at Cornell; the Tata scholarship provides financial assistance to as many as 20 students. This scholarship is a need-based award that will pay for the educational expenses associated with an undergraduate program.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 100 or an overall IELTS score of 7.0.
- The applicants must be Indian citizens, and they must have attended a secondary school in India.
- The applicants must be admitted to an undergraduate course at Cornell University, and they must be able to show that they are qualified for a need-based financial grant.
- The preference will be given to the applicants who have been accepted into the College of Art and Planning, architecture, and more.
Every year, 20 fortunate people are awarded the Tata Cornell Scholarship, which will cover the whole cost of a four-year undergraduate degree at Cornell University. This award excludes the 5-year architecture program, which requires ten full-time semesters. Qualified applicants can use the funds from the scholarship to cover the tuition. The scholarship will cover eight semesters.
Tata Trusts Professional Enhancement Grant
The Tata Trust Scholarship Enhancement Grant offers financial assistance for travel to people who are interested in improving their professional expertise. Eligible applicants will have the chance to take part in training workshops and programs both overseas and in India.
- You must be a citizen of India, and you must be willing to travel abroad.
The Tata Trust Professional Enhancement Grant will fund their travel costs, which include visa processing, airfare, registration fees, and lodging.
- Bank passbook.
- Cancelled cheque.
- Soft copy of the letter of invitation.
- A note mentioning the organizer’s aid.
J.N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships
With this scholarship, students are qualified to apply for a low-interest loan to fund their studies abroad. This scholarship is available to Indian students who want to pursue graduate, PhD, or post-doctoral studies at any foreign university.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Also, applicants must be under the age of 45, and they must have an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
The applicants might be qualified for a loan amount of up to 10,00,000 Indian rupees for transportation costs.
- Statement of Purpose.
- A letter of recommendation.
Tata Trust Medical and Healthcare Scholarships
Medical and healthcare-related studies are more expensive than other educational programs, so this organization is offering a scholarship to give candidates the chance to pursue a degree in the field.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicants must have a master’s or bachelor’s degree in medicine or any other healthcare field.
The Tata Trust Medical and Healthcare Scholarships will cover up to 30–80% of your tuition expenses.
- Income proof.
- Mark sheets.
- Cancelled cheque.
- Statement of purpose.
- Fee receipts.
Lady Meherbai D. Tata Education Scholarship
This scholarship is one of the most sought-after awards for female students, and it provides financial support to women who want to pursue their higher education in gender studies, social science, childcare, public health, rural development, or any of the international universities. Every year, 10 women benefit from this grant.
- Individuals who want to study in the UK, USA, or even Europe might apply for this award.
- The female scholars must have a bachelor’s degree from any accredited Indian university.
- The candidate must also have a minimum of two years of job experience, and they must participate in an interview.
People eligible for the selection process might get up to $6 million as a reward based on their interview results. This scholarship provides an array of grants to eligible learners for their education within India and abroad.
- The candidates’ current profile.
- There is a course fee at every university.
- Write in brief about the sources of funding.
- The name of the university they want to attend.
- The course the applicant wants to study.
Those mentioned above are some of the scholarships that Tata offers to eligible students to provide funding to cover their tuition fee.
Application Process For the Tata Scholarship
If you are going to apply for the Tata scholarship, then you must be aware of the application process below:
- Visit the Tata Scholarship Portal.
- Tap on Work from the home page.
- Tap on Education from the bar down.
- Check out the scholarships available.
- Next, read the instructions for the scholarships.
- Tap on Apply Now.
- Then the Tata scholarship will open.
- Enter your details.
- Upload the documents.
- Tap on submit.
By following the steps listed above, you will be able to apply for the Tata scholarship, and you will get a response from the platform.