If you are a skilled shoemaker living in Africa but have an interest in migrating to countries like the USA, there is a visa sponsorship for you. In this blog post, I will be showing you the step-by-step method involved with securing a shoemaker job in the USA. In addition to visa sponsorship, you can do it all by yourself. By the way, do you know that as a shoemaker working with an organization, you can make up to $30 per hour as a top earner and even if you are yet to attain the top earner list, you can still make an average of $15 per hour?
Going further, it is quite understandable that every skilled person wants to be a lone boss, but you can still see this as an opportunity to migrate out of your current location. This is also an opportunity to migrate to the USA on a totally free trip. Besides that, you don’t have to work out your life as an employee; you can work until you are capable enough to stand alone as a brand. There are certain attributes that some employers look out for when employing a worker in the USA; all of these will be discussed in this blog post. Before we go further, let’s look at who a shoemaker is.
Who is a shoemaker?
A shoemaker, as the name implies, is one who can skillfully make, repair, and maintain shoes and other footwear. The shoemaking craft dates back thousands of years and has ever since played a major role in the development of society’s lifestyle. This is by constantly making provision for society with new functional and stylish footwear for everybody. As earlier mentioned, shoemakers can choose to work independently or with an organization.
However, it is very important to make the right decision when choosing a career path and pattern. As a shoemaker, there are certain skills that you must possess before you can be employed in the USA. These skills will include good knowledge of materials, principles of design, and the best techniques to apply for construction.
You should also be able to work with materials of different varieties, like leather, rubber, suede, and synthetic materials. You should also be able to handle specialized tools like sewing machines and cutting knives to shape, and lastly, all to shape and assemble various parts of the show in the right order.
In addition, a shoemaker may also need to work closely with designers and manufacturers to create suitable footwear for the clothes to meet a specific design and also perform.
Responsibilities Of A Shoemaker
The specified duties and responsibilities of a shoemaker vary, and they are all determined by the following factors: assigned roles, past experiences, and the size of the organization they work for. Going further, here are the basic responsibilities that are expected of a shoemaker:
- Designing shoes: Shoemakers can collaborate with manufacturers and designers to develop new shoe designs or alter current ones to suit customer preferences or demands. To improve their designs, they can produce prototypes, models, or sketches.
- Choosing materials: When choosing materials for a shoe, shoemakers need to consider things like comfort, durability, and style. They might work with a range of materials, such as suede, rubber, synthetic materials, and leather.
- Material cutting and shaping: In order to fit the design of the shoe, shoemakers must precisely cut and shape materials. When shaping and cutting materials, they could employ equipment like scissors, cutting knives, and specialty gear.
- Shoes assembling: shoemakers use specialized equipment and procedures, including sewing, gluing, and nailing, to assemble the various sections of the shoe, such as the upper, lining, and sole.
- Shoe amendments: shoemakers can also maintain and repair shoes, mending holes or tears, replacing worn-out heels or soles, and bringing the shoes back to their former state.
- Inventory Management: shoemakers may be in charge of keeping track of usage, placing orders for replacement materials as necessary, and controlling the inventory of materials and supplies.
- Customer service: Shoemakers may speak with clients one-on-one, assisting with shoe selection and fitting, responding to inquiries regarding materials and styles, and offering guidance on shoe upkeep and care.
Shoemaker Jobs in USA with estimated salaries
Going further, the average salary for a shoemaker in the USA is around $50k annually and an average of $13–$20 per hour. The average wage in the USA starts at $23k for most yearly workers. Here are a few states in the country and their proposed salary for shoemakers:
|State Name||Average Salary For Shoemaker|
Benefits Attached Shoemaker Jobs in USA with Visa sponsorship
Perhaps you are wondering what benefits there are to enjoy as a shoemaker in the USA. Well, there are tons of benefits to enjoy while on the job in the USA. These benefits will include:
- Visa sponsorship has to be the first benefit because you will have your journey all paid for.
- Health insurance
- Satisfying pay
- Flexible work time
- Teeth insurance
Type of Visa to Apply for Shoemaker Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
When applying for a visa for job purposes, there is only one visa to apply for. It is known as the H-1B visa. With this visa, you will be able to gain easy access to the USA because it has a work permit on it. However, you must ensure that you have already secured employment before applying for this visa. For how to apply for a shoemaker job in the USA, look at this blog post to get the full step-by-step guide.
Requirements For Shoemaker Job In USA with Visa Sponsorship
You must keep in mind that, as a shoemaker, you must have proof of certification and completion of shoe-making skill acquisition. Then you should also ensure you can provide the following credentials:
- You must also be at least an O-level graduate. If you have a BSc., ND, or OND, that will make the application consideration a lot faster.
- Have the ability to communicate freely and meaningfully in English
- Be physically fit and ready to work.
- A well-crafted resume is also an advantage for you.
If you meet the above requirements, then you don’t have to worry about an appointment. What you need to know now is where you can locate all of these jobs and the application. The
Where to Find a Shoemaker Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
There are tons of portals and platforms where people can apply for any job in any part of the world. For USA visa sponsorship jobs, check the sites listed below:
By visiting any of these job sites, either via their website or mobile apps, I can assure you that you will be able to secure a shoemaker job in the USA with ease. Perhaps you are wondering how to apply for jobs on these sites; look below for the steps.
How to Apply For a Shoemaker Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Applying for any job on the Internet is now one of the easiest things to do, with the help of advanced technology. The steps below will guide you through the process:
- Via your web browser, search for any of the above-listed platforms. (eg. indded.com)
- Create an account on the site using either your Facebook or Gmail account
- Click on the search bar and search for the job you are looking for.
- Go through the displayed jobs available.
- Check the job description and find any of the jobs that have visa sponsorship as one of the benefits.
- When you find one, click on the Apply icon
- On the new page, click on “Apply” to get the process started.
- Attach your resume (a soft copy) to the platform and finally apply.
- Check your email regularly for a response.
By doing the above, you will be able to secure a job in the USA. I will also advise that you find more than one shoemaker job and apply for them, even via several other sites. It is faster and you will be able to choose from different employers what you would like to be paid.