The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria is a member organization based in Victoria. This insurance company offers a wide range of products and services to the residents of Victoria. One of its products is car insurance. RACV has more than 2.1 million car insurance policyholders.
The RACV comprehensive car insurance policy provides coverage for accidents and break-ins, quality offerings for after-accident care, and it will replace your car if it is written off pending specific criteria. RACV car insurance is ideal for residents of Victoria. Furthermore, when someone joins RACV, the insurance premiums and other costs are returned to the members in the form of complimentary extras and discounts.
About RACV Comprehensive Car Insurance
The Royal Automobile Club of Victoria was established in 1903, and it has grown to become a trusted brand in Australia and the largest member organization in Victoria. RACV has over 2 million Victorians insured with RACV car insurance. Although RACV is only available for registered Victorian drivers, other states have state-based insurance companies. In addition, when you are insured by RACV, the members can select to be insured on either a market value or an agreed value based on their preferences.
Features of RACV Insurance
RACV Insurance has several features that make it stand out from other insurance companies. Here are some of the features of RACV car insurance:
- 24/7 claims help: there is no claim too difficult for RACV to handle.
- Cover for additional drivers: any licensed driver who meets RACV requirements will be covered when driving your car.
- Loyalty discount: if you are a long-term member, you will get more discounts on chosen products with the Years of Membership benefit.
- Your choice of excess: lower your premium by choosing a higher excess on comprehensive policies and complete care policies.
- Pay annually or monthly. You can save on the price of your premium when you pay every year.
- Multi-policy discounts: you can take two or more eligible policies and save up to 10% on each of the policies.
RACV Insurance has features that make it one of the best insurance companies in the country.
Types of RACV Car Insurance
RACV offers different types of car insurance to its policyholders.
Complete Care Car Insurance
RACV’s Complete Care insurance package is its highest level of coverage, offering all the inclusions of its comprehensive car insurance plan and additional inclusions and benefits. The additional coverage includes:
- Taxi fares to return home from an accident scene to repairers or hire car providers.
- Pet-friendly accommodation for accidents of more than 100km from home or pet-safe transport.
- Hire car coverage in the case of car theft or accident until claim settlement.
- Up to 10 nights of emergency accommodation for insured incidents over 100km from home.
- Personal item protection with up to $1,000 coverage for stolen items in insured events.
- Vehicle pickup and return costs to a repairer for insured accidents to the agreed value coverage.
- Agreed on the value of car insurance, ensuring clarity on the coverage amount.
- An explanation of repairs made by an assessor after authorized repairs on your car.
- Choose any licensed repairer with guaranteed workmanship as long as you own your car.
- Windscreen cover with no excess for replacement or repair of damaged windscreen, sunroofs, and windows in insured events.
Complete Car Insurance
Comprehensive insurance offers extensive coverage, providing you with greater peace of mind while driving. The Comprehensive Car Insurance has the following inclusions:
- It covers loss or damage to your vehicle caused by an accident, fire, flood, theft, malicious act, or storm.
- Emergency repairs to your vehicle following an incident so you can get back on the road.
- Hire a car if your car is involved in a not-at-fault collision and it is unsafe to drive or requires repairs as well as attempted theft.
- Liability cover of up to $20 million for damage caused to someone else’s car.
- It covers any licensed driver, which includes learners who have permission to drive your vehicle.
- A new replacement vehicle if your car is less than two years old and it is written off.
- Up to $500 coverage for personal items stolen with your vehicle or damaged in an accident, with some exclusions.
Third-Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
This type of cover is the next step down from comprehensive car insurance, which covers damage sustained due to fire, theft, and damage done to other property and vehicles. However, no other damage to your vehicle is covered.
- Hire a car for up to 21 days in the event of a theft or attempted theft where your car cannot be driven.
- Liability cover of up to $20 million for unintentional damage to someone else’s car or property.
- Up to $10,000 in coverage for loss or damage to your car caused by theft, fire, or attempted theft.
- Up to $55,000 in limited cover for damage to your vehicle if you are not at fault in the collision, the other driver is uninsured, and you can provide their details.
- Any licensed driver, which includes learners with permission to drive your car, will also be covered with the possibility of extra excess for inexperienced drivers.
Third-Party Property Damage Car Insurance
This is the most basic and affordable type of car insurance offered by the RAC. Third-party Proper Damage Car insurance is established to cover damage caused to other people’s property.
- One tow from an incident to a safe place.
- Any licensed driver, which includes learners with permission to drive your vehicle, will also have the chance of getting extra money for inexperienced drivers.
- Cover of up to $20 million for unintentional damage to someone else’s vehicles or property.
- Up to $5,000 in limited coverage for damage to your vehicle if you are not at fault in the collision.
- The above-mentioned are the types of car insurance policies that RACV offers.
What Does RACV Car Insurance Cover?
RACV car insurance is tailored to suit individual budgets and needs. Its car insurance policies cover a variety of things.
- Legal representation up to $10,000 if your vehicle is involved in an incident.
- Lifetime guarantee on the workmanship of authorized repairs as long as you own the vehicle.
- Automatic cover for vehicle modifications, options, and accessories attached to the vehicle.
- Liability covers up to $20 million for unintentional collision damage to someone else’s vehicle or property when you are at fault.
Break-ins, Accidents, and After-Accident Care
RACV covers accidental damage to your vehicle. However, if such accidental damage causes you to require a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired, you will have to pay for the optional add-on. The hire car add-on is limited to $60 per day for a maximum of 2 weeks. RACV also covers you if you are more than 100 kilometers from home by offering both accommodations and emergency transport. Towing is also covered by the incidents with the repairer. If your car is broken into, then RACV will cover personal property worth up to $500.
RACV Car Insurance Extras and Exclusions
Although roadside assistance and windscreen coverage are not automatically included with RACV Comprehensive Car Insurance, they can be added on as an add-on. RACV states that intentional acts are also not covered, nor is driving under the influence. It also voids any claims that are made if the car has been used improperly, such as unsafe towing conditions, reckless acts, illegal street racing, and others.
How Do I make a claim?
To file a claim with RACV, you can contact RACV to make a claim, and they will ask you a series of questions or even ask for detailed written information. They will also give immediate assistance with the claim and tell you if you need to pay any excess and how to pay it.
Does RACV Car Insurance include Roadside Assistance?
No, it doesn’t. RACV’s comprehensive car insurance policy doesn’t include free roadside assistance. It can be purchased separately at an additional cost to your premium.