Pet Insurance For Rescue Dogs – Taking care of a rescue dog is more than just providing food, water, and shelter; you have to pay for the dog’s medical expenses if it gets sick. However, getting insurance for your rescue dog will help cover the cost, and you will not have to pay with your own money.
The essence of pet insurance policies for rescued dogs is to help pay for treatment if your dog gets sick or hurt. It covers your dog’s vaccinations and other routine care. While Pet insurance for rescue dogs is not cheap, it is worth the cost. If you’re interested in purchasing this policy, read through this article for steps and guidelines.
Can I Insure a Rescue Dog?
Statistics have shown that over 47,000 dogs were abandoned in the past 12 months. There are lots of dogs that do not have a home. You can ensure a rescue if you wish to adopt the dog. The process of insuring a dog is simple; you just need to find the right insurer. When you are applying for pet insurance for a rescue dog, you have to provide the accurate age of the dog, breed, and medical conditions.
How Does it Work?
Pet insurance for rescue dogs is no different from regular pet insurance. But there are certain complications the dog might have that you might not be aware of. If the dog has any pre-existing conditions, you can notify the insurance company. Note; the insurance policy that is suitable for rescue dogs is a policy that covers you for all eventualities, including lost or stolen dogs.
How Much Does Insurance For Rescue Dogs Cost?
You can be paying as little as £3 in the UK or $7 in the US per month to insure your rescue dog.
Benefits of Pet Insurance For Rescue Dogs
Rescue dogs can benefit just as much as any other pet when it comes to pet insurance. Let’s take a look at the benefits of insuring your newly adopted dog.
- It protects a pet owner’s financial security in the event of an accident or illness.
- Rescue dog owners can have access to different coverage options that will help keep their pets safe and healthy.
- Pet insurance provides preventive care such as vaccinations and routine check-ups.
- They offer additional coverage such as dental care, diagnostic testing, alternative therapies, routine check-ups, and behavioral training.
- It offers protection against unexpected medical bills.
- There are discounts available for rescue dogs that can help save money on premiums.
However, rescue dog owners need to be well informed about the various pet insurance benefits available to them. You can get more comprehensive plans for basic coverage for accidents and illnesses.
How to Find the Best Pet Insurance Policy For Your Rescue Dog
The best pet insurance policy will provide coverage that is suitable for your needs. So if you want to find the best pet insurance policy for your rescue dogs, then you should follow the steps below.
- Start by searching for different types of pet insurance.
- Look out for insurers that provide comprehensive coverage, wellness plan add-ons, and accident-only policies.
- Utilize online provider comparison tools to help you find the best value and coverage.
- When you are comparing pet insurance providers, always pay attention to coverage specifics.
- Pay attention to the coverage limits, copays, deductibles, and coverage exclusions.
Lastly, always read reviews to take note of customer satisfaction.
How Do I Get a Pet Insurance Quote For a Rescue Dog?
It is easy to get a pet insurance quote for your newly adopted dog. But there are a few details you need to know before you get a quote. Here are some of the general questions you would be asked:
- Your dog’s age
- Their breed
- If your newly rescued dog is being neutered,
- Whether you would like coverage for pre-existing conditions
- How much did you pay for them?
All of these questions must be answered honestly. Also, you should go along with your dog’s vaccination card or any other details that the rescue center gave you when you took your rescued dog home. Once all the necessary documentation has been submitted and approved by the insurance provider. You will receive an estimate of the costs associated with your policy and details regarding coverage limitations.
Can I Get Free Dog Insurance if I Adopt a Dog?
Most insurance providers work in collaboration with shelters and rescue organizations to promote pet adoption. They also offer a free short-term insurance trial for any adopted dog from that organization.
Do Insurance Companies Discriminate Against Rescued Pets?
No, insurance companies do not discriminate against rescued pets. They are collaborating with animal shelters and animal rescue organizations to offer discounts and special packages for rescue pets.