Are you thinking if it is possible to transfer funds between your PayPal and M-PESA account? Or do you want to transfer funds but don’t know how to go about it? Don’t worry I am here to help you out. This article will educate you on the necessary information you need to go about it. PayPal is a multinational financial technology company in America. it is an online payment system that supports online money transfers from the majority of countries that allow money transfers. PayPal is one of the best and most popular financial support systems for online vendors, commercial users, auction sites, and even entrepreneurs, for which PayPal Holdings charge a fee.
While, M-PESA is a mobile phone-based money transfer service, micro-financing, and transfer Service Company in Kenya. It was launched in 2007 by Vodafone Group and Safaricom. The financial service is expanded across some African countries like Egypt, South Africa, Ghana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, and Afghanistan. M-PESA allows users to store and transfer money through their mobile phones.
PayPal and M-PESA
The PayPal mobile money service with M-PESA is a mobile money transfer service for customers with PayPal and M-PESA accounts. This service was provided by TransferTo in partnership with PayPal and Safaricom. It is only available to customers with Kenyan PayPal account and M-PESA account. This is because you will have to link your PayPal account with your M-PESA account so that you will be able to transfer your money from one account to the other.
Furthermore, with the PayPal to M-PESA transfer service, you can easily access your funds; withdraw money from your PayPal account to your M-PESA account without delay. You can also transfer money from your M-PESA account to your PayPal account without stress just from your mobile phone.
How to Link your PayPal and MPESA Accounts
Safaricom’s collaboration with PayPal allows fast, easy, better, and smoother trading between its customers from across Kenya. This collaboration allows M-PESA customers to link their PayPal account to their PayPal account. This is great news to Kenyans all over the world. You are only eligible if you have an M-PESA account.
- Log into your PayPal account through the mobile app or website
- Allow the service of TransferTo, agree to their terms and condition
- Add your MPESA mobile number
- You will receive a verification code via SMS
- Enter the code to complete the link
How to Top up Your PayPal Account From M-PESA
- Open your M-PESA wallet
- Click top up
- Enter the amount you would like to top up in USD and enter calculate to get the amout in KES. This is the amount you want to transfer from your MPESA to your paypal account.
- The exchange rate will be shown on the same page
- Go to M-PESA menu
- Select Lipan a M-PESA
- Click “Pay bill”
- Enter the 800088 as the business number
- Enter your mobile number as your account number
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- Click send
Note, the transfer may take up to 4 hours to reflect. You can make payment with your PayPal account after top-up. If your PayPal wallet balance is not in USD, you will still need to login into your PayPal account and confirm top up request
How to Withdraw Money From PayPal to M-PESA
You can also withdraw money from your PayPal account to your M-PESA account without delay. To do this, follow these steps.
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Click on withdraw.
- Your available balance will be displayed.
- If your PayPal account is in a different currency other than USD, you will still need to convert it from paypal.com/ke to convert to USD.
- Enter the amount you will like to withdraw from your PayPal wallet in USD.
- You will be redirected to another page displaying the amount to be received in KES.
- Confirm withdrawal of funds.
- Click on withdraw.
Note, withdrawal transactions take up to 2 hours to 3 days to reflect in your M-PESA account. The estimated time for the transaction to be completed will be given to you before you confirm your transaction.