If you are looking for medical technologist jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship, you have clicked on the right page. Foreign medical technologists can work and live in the state when they secure a job with visa sponsorship. The United States is currently facing a shortage of medical technologists and they are looking for the best candidate to fill the vacant job position. This shortage poses a threat to both the patients and the laboratories.
There are over 25,000 job vacancies in the United States for medical technologists, and the number is expected to increase with time. This shortage spreads across clinics, fields of research, and hospitals. The job opening is the perfect opportunity for foreigners who are professionals in this field to apply for the job role and get sponsored in the United States.
Who is a Medical Technologist?
A medical technologist is a professional who works in the laboratories of a hospital and carries out lots of tests. They provide the exact information because the doctors make a diagnosis based on the lab results.
A medical technologist rechecks the lab result to ensure that there is no mistake because the result holds the life or death of a patient. Medical technologists carry out all the tests, from simple pregnancy tests to finding out about serious illnesses like diabetes.
They also do much more than simple examining of specimens. Medical technologists make use of complex electronic devices and computers. They work in hospitals, laboratories, clinics, and fields of research.
They are very important in health facilities. The demand for medical technologists is increasing. Foreign nationals who are professionals in this field can apply for medical technologist jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship.
Responsibilities of a Medical Technologist
Medical technologists are very important in the healthcare sector. They are responsible for the laboratory tests that the doctors use to make diagnoses and treatments. Some of their other duties include:
- Recheck diagnosis and repair laboratory equipment.
- Make blood group test for transfusion.
- Analyze the results of the laboratory test and enter any findings into the computer system.
- Examine blood cells’ morphology by making use of a microscope.
- Keep the quality assurance of the laboratory by performing proficiency testing.
- Performing radiographic tests at an acceptable level.
And many more. The medical technologist also uses the equipment in the lab and fixes the ones that have issues. They have to carry out these duties as the doctors are depending on the lab results to make diagnoses, and this could help or hinder the life of a person.
READ MORE <<< Transportation Manager Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Benefits of Working as a Medical Technologist in the U.S.
Working as a medical technologist in the United States gives you access to lots of benefits, some of which include:
- There is room for career advancement: There are certain responsibilities that promote a medical technologist. They may work as medical technologists or as lab directors.
- Diversify work environment: As a medical technologist, you can choose to work in a lab and perform a wide range of tests. Or you can work in a bigger laboratory and focus on one area of testing.
- Attractive salary: You can earn a good living while working as a medical technologist in the United States. On average, they earn up to $58,500 annually. This salary can increase depending on the years of experience.
Types of Visas to Apply for to Get Medical Technologist Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship
Foreign nationals who want to secure employment as medical technologists in the United States should apply for an H-1B visa.
This is open to many jobs that are eligible to immigrate to the United States as skilled workers as long as you have the required background. Medical technology jobs are in demand in the USA, and qualified candidates can apply for an H-1B visa.
This is another legal way to enter the United States to work and live legally. Find an employer that offers the preferred job role with visa sponsorship.
CHECK IT OUT <<< Amazon Jobs Near Me – Apply Now
Requirement for Medical Technologists in USA
However, you need to qualify first before you are eligible for a medical technologist job in the USA with visa sponsorship. This will determine if you are the right candidate for the job. The requirements are as follows:
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Close attention to details.
- A university degree in medical technology or another related course.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A complete internship at any clinical laboratory.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Candidates must be patient.
- A minimum of three years of experience in this job field.
- Ability to work a night shift.
After meeting this requirement, you can go ahead and apply for a medical technologist job in the USA with visa sponsorship.
How Much Does a Medical Technologist Earn in USA?
Workers in the healthcare sector earn quite a decent wage. However, their salary ranges depend on the job type and other factors. Still, they make a decent amount. If you are interested in working as a medical technologist, you should be aware that they earn up to $30 per hour and make $58,500 annually.
Furthermore, the salary differs depending on the laboratory worked for, province, level of experience, and qualifications. So, if you are considering studying medical technology, you have picked the right career choice because you can secure a job in a foreign country with visa sponsorship.
Where to Find Medical Technologist Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship?
If you are searching for medical technologist jobs in USA, you can make use of a job searching website to assist you. Sites like indeed.com, Google for Jobs, and AngelList. However, a considerable number of healthcare facilities in the United States offer this job role with a free visa. Here is a look at some of them:
- Health First
- Mayo Clinic
- Nebraska medicine
- MCG Health System
- Kettering Health
- Midland Health
- The Genesis Group
- Onsite Lab Corp
- Steward Health Care
- AEC National Recruiters
- Flagship Pioneering Inc
- Hirebridge Organic
- Eurofins USA Clinical Diagnostics
And many more. These health care facilities and laboratories offer medical technologists jobs to qualified immigrants and sponsor their travel to the U.S. If you have enough qualifications, you can apply for the job with the laboratory of your choice.
ALSO READ <<< Pharmacist Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship
How to Apply for Medical Technologist Jobs in USA
Do you want to work as a medical technologist in USA? If so, then you should try applying. Don’t fret in this segment. I will show you how to.
- Firstly, open your web browser and find the laboratory that offers this job role. Check the official website and the qualifications for the job.
- After that, provide all the necessary documents and start your application. Endeavor to key in the correct information and upload your CV.
Once your application is reviewed, an interview will be conducted. Prepare well for the interview and answer the questions correctly. Then a job offer will be given to you, which will be used for the visa application.