What is a LinkedIn poll all about? I am sure a lot of you have never heard of this before but anyways this article will give you all the information that you need. LinkedIn is a very popular social media platform where you get to meet new people and make new friends. The platform is also best for business owners looking to grow their businesses. The LinkedIn poll is a feature that helps you engage with other members by asking them for their thoughts about various topics. It could be topics relating to the news, entertainment, business, lifestyle, fashion, and many more.
Polls most times are great conversation starters and they help you understand trends and opinions. If you are active on LinkedIn you would have seen numerous LinkedIn polls from each other people in your feed. This is a great instrument and a great way to drive engagement even from those, not in your connections. So, if you want to get feedback from your audiences then you need a LinkedIn poll.
LinkedIn polls are a great piece of content and you are missing them if you haven’t started making use of them. The feature is great because it enables you to ask your audience a question and get them to vote by choosing any of the 2-4 options that you offer them. And once they vote they can see the results. For those of you that want to improve your marketing insight, I think you should try out LinkedIn polls.
Why Should I Use LinkedIn Pool?
A lot of people ask this kind of question and it is understandable because most people do not know the importance of it. LinkedIn polls are a great way to gather information about your audience, you get to know who they are, what their problems are, and what they feel about your brand. This goes a long way to tell you how important it is especially if you have a business. Let’s take a look at why you should use LinkedIn pools.
- It builds trust between you and your audience, after a user votes on your poll; it can create a little connection and trust between you and that person.
- The LinkedIn poll consists of short pieces of content, the shorter and more engaging your content is the more people are attracted to it.
- It increases engagement since there is a physical act of interacting and engaging with the post
This feature naturally drives engagement, showing you an instant result of your votes. Now that you have gotten the reasons why you should use the LinkedIn poll don’t you think now is the right time to make the most out of it.
What to Know Before Posting LinkedIn Polls
There are a few things you should know before you start creating a LinkedIn poll. Now, let’s take a look at them below this article.
- Do not run too many polls at once in order not to spam your audience
- Ensure that you do not tackle offensive topics in your polls
- You can create polls either from a mobile or a desktop device, whichever one you prefer.
- You are not allowed to edit LinkedIn polls that have already been published, so if you make a mistake just delete the post and repost it again
- Keep your pools short, polls question are limited to 140 characters so keep them that way
Finally, use hashtags and it is important because they help you organize your post in the right category. This way you will get more specific people to see your post and also help your post be more efficient.
How to Create a LinkedIn Poll?
It is very easy to create a LinkedIn pool if you just follow the steps below.
- The first step is to click the Start new post at the top of your feed
- Click Polls after that
- Enter the required poll details, and choose the duration
- Then click Done
- Enter the post description and after you are done, click Post
- After that, your poll will be live on LinkedIn for the next 24 hours
If you followed these steps then a very big congratulations to you as your poll has been created successfully. Now, you can share your post on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to reach more audiences.