Have you been wondering whether it is possible to stream all your favorite content on Disney Plus using Discord? Well, if you have ever thought of streaming Disney Plus movies and TV shows with your friends, family, and loved ones on Discord, you can read through this article as we will be showing you step-by-step guidelines on how to stream different Disney Plus titles on Discord.
In the meantime, Discord is a messaging and digital distribution platform where you can chat with your friends, play entertaining games, and do a lot more. On the other hand, Disney Plus is an American-based subscription platform with more than a thousand videos on demand.
The platform features entertaining and interesting movies ranging from Star Wars, National Geographic, Pixar and many more. However, watching all this amazing content on Disney Plus alone can be boring. Which is why many people use Discord to stream content on the site with their friends irrespective of their location.
Users can use the screen share feature in the Discord Voice channel to watch any content playing on their screen. But there are certain processes that need to be followed before you can stream Disney Plus on Discord. Check out the next outline for steps to follow.
How to Stream Disney Plus on Discord
Watching Disney Plus on Discord is easy and simple to go about. But first, you will need to download the Discord App on your computer. Then proceed to sign up for an account with the platform. After downloading the app and signing in or signing up for an account with the app. But first, you need to disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Visit the official website of Disney Plus using your web browser.
- Login to your Disney Plus account using your correct credentials.
- Using the search engine, search for your favorite movie or title to watch with your friends.
- Now, go back to the Discord App.
- Below the page, click on the Discord App’s Settings, which is close to your username.
- On the left side of the page, locate the “Activity Status” button and click on it.
- Tap on the ADD IT option besides not seeing the game.
- You will be provided with a list of apps running in the background. Select the browser window with Disney Plus and tap on the “ADD GAME” button.
- Then, navigate to the server you would like to stream the movie or TV show on and tap on the “STREAM” button, which is above your username.
- Select a voice channel and then click on “GENERAL”.
- Choose the resolution based on your individual preferences or select your streaming quality per your preferences.
- Finally, click on the “GO LIVE” option.
After successfully following the above step-by-step guidelines, the browser window you have selected will automatically start playing. Note that your friends or loved ones will only be able to join your server by tapping on the live tag on your Discord app.
How to Disable Hardware Acceleration
To start watching Disney Plus on Discord, it is imperative you disable the Hardware Acceleration in your browser. And this can be done by following the below steps:;
- Go to Settings on the Google Chrome Web browser.
- Click on the search bar and search for ”Hardware Acceleration.”
- Turn off the toggle next to ”Use Hardware Acceleration.”
After disabling the Hardware Acceleration in your web browser, you are ready to start streaming Disney Plus on Discord. But first, follow the steps below.
Is it Legal to Stream Disney Plus on Discord?
On the contrary, streaming or watching Disney Plus on Discord is illegal and you might be banned by Disney Plus. Aside from Disney Plus, it is also illegal to use the platform to stream content on Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and other streaming services. Therefore, it is not advisable to use Discord to stream any content on Disney Plus or any other online streaming platform.