How do I set up two-step verification on my Telegram account? This article aims to provide you with a step-by-step guideline on how to successfully set up two-step verification on Telegram. Meanwhile, Telegram is a messaging mobile application that has grown its user base in recent years. This platform has updated several of its features to improve the security and privacy of its users.
Fortunately for users, these encryption features are ideal for large group chats. One of the recently released features of this app is the two-step verification feature. Like WhatsApp, Telegram also has a feature allowing users to use two-step verification to protect and secure their accounts. However, to make use of this feature, you will have to set it up on your account. The process is simple and can be completed within minutes. To make use of this feature, read on for steps and guidelines to follow.
What Happens When You Turn on Two-Step Verification on Telegram?
As mentioned earlier, the two-step verification is a security feature added to the mobile app that helps you protect and guard your account. So, when you enable this feature, you will receive a code to your email address when you need to log in or access your account. What’s more, the feature also helps prevent and protect users from unauthorized access, and this update is available and can be accessed by all users.
Why use this feature?
This feature is highly recommended if you are looking to improve and increase the security of your Telegram account. In other words, this two-step verification feature gives your account an extra level of security and safety. Besides, setting up or enabling this feature is very easy, and the process is straightforward, so do not worry.
How To Set Up Two-Step Verification on Telegram
If you would like to protect your Telegram account and would like to increase security, using two-step verification is perfect. So, if you want to use it or enable it but do not know how to do so, this section has the information you need:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open the Telegram app on your phone.
- Go to the Settings option at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Next, click on Privacy and Security.
- Then, tap on the two-step verification.
- Select Set Additional Password.
- Input the password that you want and re-enter it to confirm.
- Then, click on the Create Password
- On the next screen, enter a hint you can use to remember your password if you ever forget.
- Tap on Continue.
- Provide your email address (for password recovery).
- You will receive a code for your email address.
- Enter the code and click on Return to Settings to complete the process.
However, keep in mind that you can skip the recovery email and password hint process if you want. But it is important that you complete this process if you do not want to get locked out of your account.
- Connect to the internet.
- Open the Telegram app.
- Tap on Settings.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- You will find the two-step verification option; click on it.
- Tap on Set Additional Password.
- Provide a strong password and enter it again.
- Then, tap on the Create Password
- You will also need to provide a hint that will help you when you forget your password.
- Enter an email address you wish to use to regain your password and tap Continue.
- Once you enter this email address, you will receive a code.
- Enter the code and continue.
Lastly, tap on the Return to Settings option to complete the process. Now you have successfully set up two-step verification on your Telegram account.
How To Disable This Feature
If you no longer want to use the two-step verification on Telegram and would like to disable it, this process is super easy. You do not have to get worked up because, within a few minutes, you will be able to carry out this process, so let us begin:
- Go to the menu on your phone.
- Open the Telegram app after you have found it.
- Tap on the left menu.
- Next, navigate to Settings.
- Click on Privacy.
- After you do, scroll to the bottom to find the security section of the app.
- Tap on the two-step verification.
- Input your password and click on the right option.
- Click on Change Password.
- Then, click on the Turn Password Off button.
- Lastly, tap on Disable.
Once you click on this option after following the steps above, you will successfully deactivate or turn off the two-step verification feature on the Telegram app.