How to Permanently Delete Your Kik Account- Kik, as we all know, is an instant messaging platform that enables its users to exchange private messages, and share files and documents with other users.
So, why would you want to delete your Kik account? Well, there are so many reasons why you would want to delete your Kik account.
One of which might be the fact that you are tired of the account. Or not satisfied with the services it offers.
Although, Kik is known to be a very good platform when it comes to keeping its user’s identities private and making them anonymous.
But by deleting Kik, you should keep in mind that you would lose a lot which includes access to all your chat data, friend details, and your username. And whenever you want to re-open another account later using that same username, it would not be allowed.
However, as a user of Kik, you are familiar with the fact that Kik has a mobile app that gives you quick access to its platform. Kik however allows you to do everything the website enables you to on the app.
But it doesn’t allow you to delete your account using it. So, to delete your Kik account, it is compulsory that you visit the website. Then fill out a form in order to successfully delete your presence on the platform.
Can I Delete My Kik Account On the Android or iOS App?
Sadly, you cannot delete your Kik Account through the mobile app for Android and iOS users.
Hence, users who would like to delete their account would have to visit the official website of Kik on their computer web browser to delete the account.
Check out the next outline for steps and guidelines to successfully delete your account.
How to Permanently Delete Your Kik Account
To delete your Kik account, you have to visit Kik’s official website as the mobile app doesn’t allow it.
If you have not had anything to do with the Kik website before, it is 100% possible that you might find it very difficult to use the site to delete your Kik account.
But I can assure you that it is very easy to do. However, follow these steps below to delete your Kik account;
- Visit the delete Kik account website @ https://ws.kik.com/delete
- Enter your username
- Enter the email used to register
- Enter the reason why you are leaving (if it’s not among the options listed, you can click on the other button)
- Add an additional info if you want
- Confirm “I understand that I’m permanently deactivating my account and I won’t be able to log in again to reactivate it.” but clicking on it
- Tap on the Go button to proceed with deleting your account.
- Check your email for the verification link to delete your account.
- Click on the confirm email button
- Your account will be successfully deleted
Following the above steps and guidelines carefully, you can successfully delete your Kik account.
Note; Enusre you provide the correct information and details to make the process faster and stress-free.
Can I Recover a Deleted Account?
No. It is impossible to recover a deleted account. Once you delete your Kik account, your information, chat, and profile will be deleted from the company server.
Hence, you cannot recover your account. But you can always create a new account to stay connected with your friends and family globally. Or you can simply deactivate your account instead of deleting it.
Check out the next outline for steps and guidelines on how to deactivate your Kik account.
How to Deactivate Your Kik Account
As stated above, instead of deleting your account, you can simply reactivate your account. In this section of the article, we will show you steps and guidelines on how to successfully deactivate your account.
- Open your internet-connected device
- Next, visit the official deactivation page
- Or click on the link http://ws.kik.com/deactivate
- On the page, enter the email address connected to your account
- Next, click on the icon GO
- An email will be sent to your email address
- Finally, click on the email address and follow the prompt.
There you have it. The above steps and guidelines to successfully deactivate your Kik account.
Hence, instead of you to delete your account, you can always follow the steps and guidelines above to deactivate your account.