Are you interested in learning how to host an Amazon Prime video watch party with your distant friends and family members? If yes, this article is for you. Luckily, Amazon Prime Video allows its users to host online watch parties with their friends and families. You can host 99 watchers in the same watch party on Amazon Prime. Unlike other streaming platforms, you can host a party while using your computer, mobile phone, and even your smart TV. Moreso, viewers will be able to join your party using any of the aforementioned devices.
If you aren’t sure how to host a party on Amazon Prime videos using any of the aforementioned devices, you don’t need to panic. In this article, we will be showing you steps and guidelines to successfully host a party on Amazon Prime Video. Also, we will guide you through the steps needed to join an Amazon Watch party so you can share your exciting experience with your friends and loved ones, no matter where they are in the world. Read on to discover these steps and guidelines.
What do I need to host an Amazon Watch Party?
Before you host a party on Amazon Prime, first ensure that everyone has an Amazon Prime subscription. As you know, the Amazon Watch party can host you and 99 others; you must ensure that the others have their own subscription to join the party.
Also, you must ensure that you all have a stable and fast internet connection, without which you will be unable to stream your favorite movies or shows. You’ll also ensure that no one uses an Internet Explorer or Safari web browser, as they aren’t compatible with Watch Party.
Furthermore, if you and your friends would like to watch the latest releases that cost money, everyone in the group will need to purchase the same movie or show for the party to work. Unless you all have to watch the content that comes with your Prime memberships, Finally, trying to host a party while traveling might be difficult. This is because some content might be unavailable in your region due to regional restrictions.
How to Host an Amazon Watch Party Using the Web App
If you are using a compatible Amazon Prime Video device, you will be able to watch a party online with ease. Follow the steps below:
- Visit Amazon Prime Video Online using the link: https://www.primevideo.com.
- Next, sign in to your account using the correct information and details.
- Tap on the title that you want to watch with your friends.
- Then, click on the Watch Party icon.
- Tap on “Create Watch Party”.
- Now, you can enjoy your Amazon Watch Party.
How to Start a Watch Party on the Amazon Prime Video Mobile App
Just like the web app, using the mobile app to start a party on Amazon Prime Video is straightforward. Here are some quick steps and guidelines to follow:
- Download and install the Amazon Prime Video app on your smart device.
- Next, open the app on your mobile device.
- Click on the title you and your friends will like to watch.
- Then, tap on More.
- From there, locate the menu and click on Watch Party.
- Finally, enter the watch party name and click on Create Watch Party”.
Steps to Host a Watch Party Using the Prime Video Windows App
It is worth noting that the Watch Party will open in a different web browser, but it will still be launched from the Windows app itself. Check out the steps and guidelines to follow below:
- Tap the search icon in the taskbar and search for Prime Videos for Windows.
- Click to open the relevant search result.
- Next, choose the title you want to watch with your friends.
- From the menu tab, tap on the Watch Party icon.
- Once the link opens in the browser, tap on Create Watch Party.
- Finally, you can enjoy your party.
How to Host an Amazon Watch Party on Fire TV
- Firstly, open the Amazon Prime Video app on your Fire TV.
- Choose a movie or show you would like to watch with others.
- Click the Watch Party icon.
- Then, tap on Create Watch Party.
- Visit the link provided on a mobile device’s browser.
- Enter your chat name.
- Click Join Chat.
- Finally, click “Start watching on your Fire TV.
How to Join a Watch Party on Amazon Prime Video
Usually, when the host creates a watch party on Amazon Prime Video, a shareable invite link is generated. The host will share this link through private messages or social media channels. However, here are the steps and guidelines for joining a party:
- Open the web browser on your device.
- Then, copy and paste the watch party link into your web browser.
- Next, press enter.
- Then, click on Join Watch Party.
Note: Amazon Prime Video watch parties set via the web or Fire TV app include a sharable QR code that viewers may use to participate.