How do I clear or delete my Mozilla Firefox cookies? If you use the Firefox web browser and you need to learn how to clear cookies and cache data, then this article is for you. Here, we will be showing you step-by-step guidelines and methods on how to clear cookies and cache in Mozilla Firefox.
Meanwhile, when you surf the internet, information about the website is automatically saved to your mobile or computer. Web content is cached, providing you with rapid access to a previously visited web page. Also, cookies are placed by websites to retain information such as login status and site preferences.
In addition, your web browser history keeps track of every website you visit, except if you are making use of a private web browser. However, cookies can be a privacy issue due to the amount of information they can store. It can store your name, address, account login information, and other personal information.
That is why it is imperative you know how to clear your Mozilla Firefox Web browser’s cookies. But keep in mind that, if you choose to clear your Firefox web browser, you will lose the convenience of stored passwords and other important data. Check out the next outline for steps and guidelines on how to clear your Firefox cookies on your smartphone and computer devices.
How to Clear Cookies in Firefox on Your Windows or Mac Computer
If you make use of the Firefox web browser on your computer or Mac operating system, you can clear or delete your cookies at any time and any day. To clear your cookies, here are steps and guidelines to follow:
- Open the Firefox web browser on your Mac or computer device.
- Click the menu bar, which is located in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Or click on the three parallel lines at the top of your web browser.
- Then, tap on the Privacy tab.
- Here, you can click on “Clear recent history.”
- Make sure only “cookies” is checked and then choose the time frame in which you would like to delete your cookies.
- If you want to delete all cookies, select “everything”.
- Double-check your selections to ensure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Lastly, click on “CLEAR NOW.”
How to Clear Cookies in Firefox Using Your iOS Device
Meanwhile, clearing your Firefox cookies using your iOS device is easy and simple to go about. You can quickly access your Firefox cookies right from the app’s settings homepage. Here are the steps and guidelines to follow;
- Open the Firefox web browser on your iOS device.
- Click on the menu bar, which is in the lower right-hand corner of the homepage.
- Tap on the settings icon on the page.
- Navigate down the settings page and click on “Privacy.”
- Select ”Clear private data.”
- Finally, be sure that only cookies are selected, and then hit the “clear private data” icon to complete the process.
How to Clear Cookies on Firefox Via Your Android Device
Android users using the Mozilla Firefox web browser on their smartphones can also clear cookies without hassle. From the web browser setting app, you can conveniently clear your cookies. Here are the steps and guidelines to follow:
- From your Android home screen, open the Firefox app.
- Tap on the three bars or menu icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Go to the settings page by tapping on “Setting”.
- On the settings page, search for “privacy and security”.
- Then, select “Clear Private Data.”
- You will immediately be taken to the list of what you can clear. Tap on “cookies and active logins”.
- Once you have made your selection, click on “Clear Data” to complete the process.
Why Should I Clear My Firefox Cookies?
Although cookies are created to help store your information, such as your name, login credentials, and a lot more for future reference, there are implications to not clearing your cookies. Firstly, if you don’t clear your Firefox cookies, your information and details can easily be accessed by third parties.
Also, clearing your cookies can help speed up your browser by removing unwanted files. Firefox temporarily saves parts of websites you visit to enable you to quickly access them another time.
However, files in your cache gradually accumulate, thereby slowing down your system. It is therefore important that you clear your web browser cookies for faster and smoother access.