Healthcare Administration jobs in the USA – If you are thinking of starting a career in healthcare but are not sure direct patient care is the way for you, a role in Healthcare administration may be what you are looking for. Presently, the United States of America boasts of the best Job opportunities for both citizens and immigrants. And the Healthcare Administration sector is not an exception.
So, if you are looking for part-time or full-time healthcare jobs or considering if you should receive your Master’s degree or Master’s degree. There is something for everyone in the healthcare administration sector in the United States. Currently, in the USA you can earn over $100,000 as a healthcare administrator per year.
In this sector, there are lots of opportunities for you. You can either work in a nursing home, surgery, or other healthcare facilities. However, to apply for a Healthcare Administration job in the USA, you need to have at least a bachelor’s degree in healthcare management.
There are also some other things you need to know like the responsibilities, salaries, and requirements. Follow this article to the end to know everything about Healthcare Administration Jobs in the USA.
Healthcare Administration Jobs Description
Healthcare Administrators are individuals who work behind the scenes to make big decisions for healthcare institutions or facilities. They are people who oversee the daily administrative activities of the Hospitals or healthcare facilities.
Healthcare Administrators are also known as health service managers, and the professionals are required to plan and supervise medical services.
Some of the duties of a Healthcare administrator include updating health records and monitoring budgets. Generally, the individuals directly deal with budget and policy to create good patient experiences. And also ensure the safety of guests and staff.
Responsibilities of a Healthcare Administrator
Healthcare Administrator Job responsibilities may change depending on where they work. Just like I have mentioned above, they can work in physical therapy, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.
However, the most common responsibilities of healthcare administrator include;
- Develop work schedules for physicians and staff
- Control and manage the facility’s finances
- Manage patients billing and fees
- Improve the facility quality and efficiency.
- Make all the departments comply with the laws and regulations of the current healthcare
- Collaborate with nurses, doctors, and other medical professionals to identify needs and issues
- Keep records of office and medical supplies stock
- Communicate well with physicians and nurses
Highest Paying Healthcare Administration Jobs
As a Healthcare Administrator, your salary depends on the type of facility and your position. However below are the top career in HealthCare Administration and how much you can expect to earn annually.
- Nursing Home Administrator – $106,184
- Hospital CEO – $153,474
- Hospice Administrator – $100,469
- Health Clinic Administrator – $96,000
- Clinical Informatics Manager – $93,141
- Government Agency Healthcare Administrator – $83,000
- Hospital Chef Information Officer (CIO) – $131,015
- Chief Nursing Officer – $129,572
You can check out more Healthcare Administration Jobs online and their salaries. Presently, there are lots of Jobs open in this sector in the USA. This means you will definitely find a Job for yourself in the Healthcare Administration sector.
Healthcare Administration Jobs in USA Benefits
There are lots of benefits that come with working as a Healthcare administrator in the United States. Below are some of these benefits, check them out;
- Paid Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Attractive Salary
Working as a Healthcare Administrator in the USA, you will enjoy the above benefits and more. Apply today and get the Job.
Requirements and Qualifications Needed
To apply for this Job as a Starting position or improve your career, there are certain requirements you need to meet. Facilities set the requirement for applicants to know if they are qualified for the position.
Although the facilities are different, below are the common basic requirements to apply for Healthcare Administration Jobs;
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration. With a qualification in the healthcare sector
- Work experience as a Medical Office Manager, Healthcare Administrator, or relevant role
- Have a good understanding of medical terminology
- Applicants must have good knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical law
- Strong management and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving attitude
- Applicants must be familiar with spreadsheets and databases (especially MS Excel)
If you meet these requirements, then you can apply for HealthCare Administration Jobs. However, if you already have a healthcare facility or institution you want to apply to, you can ask them for the requirements.
Where to Find Healthcare Administration Jobs in USA
To find Healthcare Administration Jobs, You can make use of the below websites. Below are the best websites to find and apply for Jobs in the United States;
How to Apply for Healthcare Administration Jobs in USA
Applying for the Job is very easy and straightforward. You can visit any of the above websites and apply for the Job. Below are the steps to follow;
- Open a new tab on your computer and visit any of the above websites
- Make use of the search engine to search for ‘’Healthcare Administration Jobs’’
- Scroll through the Job results and click on one of your choices
- On the next page, read through the Job description and requirements
- Now click on apply and send your CV or resume to the company
If you are eligible and you qualify, you will be accepted for the job. One of the best parts of the above websites is that, as a foreigner, you can also apply for Jobs.
You can apply for Healthcare Administration Jobs that can help you sponsor your Visa. As long as you qualify for the Job, you can discuss it with the employer to help you go through the Visa process in the USA.