If you want to buy travel insurance, FWD Travel Insurance has covered you. FWD offers some of the best travel insurance policies at an affordable price. FWD is welcome in the insurance market of Singapore and provides three levels of insurance plans that suit the needs of travelers who want to buy travel insurance at an affordable price. Furthermore, FWD offers travel insurance at an affordable price compared to other insurers.
FWD provides fast and reliable services to its customers, and its products are customizable and affordable. They try to provide the best travel insurance to their customers.
Why Should I Get FWD travel insurance?
FWD provides some of the best travel insurance policies at an affordable price. Irrespective of what you are looking for, FWD provides a stress-free travel experience with its unlimited medical coverage and inclusive protection. If you are curious about what FWD has to offer for its cruise insurance, here are some of its advantages:
- Medical coverage: There is limitless medical coverage for FWD cruise insurance. It means that, in case of medical emergencies, there is a standby flight ticket.
- Protection for sports equipment: your sports equipment is covered when you are involved in any sports activity.
- File claim: You can file your claim on the website and the mobile app. This has made it easier for policyholders to make a claim and collect payments.
- Covid-19 add-on coverage: There is additional Covid-19 coverage that you can add to your travel insurance policy. You can add this coverage to your single trip plans and travel plans within a period of 90 days for the trip.
FWD Travel Insurance Coverage
If you are planning on buying a cruise insurance policy with FWD, you must first get familiar with what the policy covers. Here is a table of what it covers:
|Plans highlights||Premium (max limit)||Business (max limit)||First (max limit)|
|Overseas medical expenses ( Adult below the age of 70)||$200,000||$500,000||$1,000,000|
|Damage or theft to your personal property||$3,000||$5,000||$7,000|
|Baggage delay ($150 for every 6 hours of delay overseas and $150 after 6 hours of delay in Singapore)||$150||$600||$900|
|Travel delay ($1oo for every 6 hours of delay overseas and $100 after 6 hours of delay in Singapore)||$300||$500||$1,000|
|Liability for harm or damage you accidentally cause||$500,000||$750,000||$1,000,000|
|Automatic travel cover extension||7 days||14 days||21 days|
FWD also has additional travel insurance coverage that you can add to your policy and it includes:
- Worldwide emergency assistance (maximum reimbursement limit)
- Medical coverage
- Disruption of Travel
- Death caused by an accident that happened while overseas.
- Emergency travel for family
How to Make a Travel Insurance Claim on FWD
If you want to claim FWD travel insurance, you need to report to the company in less than 30 days from the initial date of the occurrence. However, certain documents must be in place before filing a claim such as:
- For medical Claims: you need to provide a boarding pass, a hard copy of the medical billing statement, and a flight travel plan.
- Hospitalization: show the flight travel plan and boarding pass. Plus, a medical report of the patient’s discharge.
- Death or permanent disability: contact the emergency assistance number on the official website so that you will be assisted through making the claim.
Follow the steps below to file a claim:
- Open your web browser and visit the official website.
- Alternatively, log on to the customer support platform.
- On the homepage, click on the Claims button.
- Tap ”Make a Claim online.”
- Select what you want to make a claim for.
- Click on ”Travel”
- Enter the name of the claimant, and preferred name. Financial identification number (FIN), mobile phone number, email address, and policy number.
- Click on Next.
- On the next page, upload the documents required.
- Receive the payments for the claim.
- After the payments process,
- Submit your claim.
And that is it. You can make your claim through the online website or through the FWD mobile application.
How to Get a Travel Insurance Quote on FWD
If you want to get a travel insurance quote from FWD, you can visit their official page and follow the prompts. The steps are pretty easy. Follow the procedures below to get a travel insurance quote:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your web browser.
- Visit the official website at fwd.com.
- On the homepage, click on Travel.
- You will be taken to another page.
- Click on “Get a Quote”.
- Choose the type of insurance plan and the person you are buying the plan for.
- Choose the travel region and choose the date.
- Tap the Next button.
- If you have an FWD travel insurance promo code, you can input it to get a discount on your policy.
- Next, select the plan that suits you.
- After reviewing the plan, you will be asked to confirm the plan.
- Tap, yes, Continue.
- For more coverage, tap the Add Cover button for more coverage on your travel insurance policy.
- Choose the cover you want and tap Next.
- On the next page, provide your details such as full name, FIN, gender, date of birth, mobile number, email address, postal code, unit address, and home address.
- Enter the personal details of the travelers if you are buying the coverage for someone else.
- Tap the Next button.
After providing all these details, you will get a quote for your travel insurance policy.
Who Can Purchase FWD’s Travel insurance?
Anyone over the age of 16 is eligible to purchase travel insurance from FWD. Plus, you must be a resident of Singapore and have a FIN to buy travel insurance.
What is Not Included in FWD Travel Insurance?
There are certain coverage that is not included in the FWD travel insurance and these includes:
- Preceding medical conditions.
- Traveling to another country against your doctor’s advice.
- False claims made.
- Suicidal act.
- Taking part in illegal activities, which include strikes, war, or riots.
- Taking part in sports activity is contrary to the contract.
- Traveling to the country against the ministry of foreign affairs of Singapore.
All these aren’t included in the FWD cruise insurance.
Which Countries Are Not Included in the FWD Travel Insurance Plan?
Some countries are prohibited from buying FWD cruise insurance and they are:
- South Sudan
- North Korea
- The Democratic Republic of Congo
These and other countries are among the countries prohibited by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Singapore from traveling to.
Does FWD Travel Insurance Cover COVID-19?
FWD doesn’t add COVID-19 as coverage on its insurance policy. You can choose to buy it as an add-on to your travel insurance policy. You can choose the COVID-19 travel benefits that suit you and add them to your travel insurance.
Other Services Offered by FWD
FWD doesn’t offer travel insurance only; it also provides policyholders with insurance like:
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Maxfocus vision insurance
- Pension scheme
- Travel care premier insurance
- Retirefun deferred annuity plan
- Financial planning services
These are the products and services rendered by FWD.