Are you a skilled cook? Do you want to work in USA? Do you know that there is a Cooking Job in USA available with a Visa Sponsorship? Are you also aware that this job could earn you about 15.76 per hour and about $44,793?
Yes! In USA, there are currently so many job opportunities that could earn you over $30,000 in a year. Amongst these jobs is the cooking job. When you apply for this job, you don’t even have to worry about your visa expenses as a visa sponsorship is attached to the job.
All you just need to do is visit any job posting website of your choice, find the job, and then apply for it with the steps that have been listed for you in this article below. What does this job entail? Read on to find out!
Who is a Cook?
A cook is a crucial team member in a restaurant, entrusted with the task of meticulously preparing food items and menu selections in accordance with the company’s standards and guidelines. Their primary responsibility is to skillfully craft meals for customers while maintaining quality and consistency.
Additionally, cooks may contribute to menu planning and the daily offerings, actively participating in decisions that enhance the dining experience for our valued patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities of A Cook in USA
As a cook, you will have specific duties and responsibilities that you must perform. Here are some of the duties and responsibilities below;
- Preparing awesome meals for your customers.
- Always ensure to check the food and ingredients’ freshness.
- Arranging and garnishing dishes.
- Ensuring that the kitchen area, equipment, and utensils are cleaned
- Providing delicious meals.
- Working well under pressure and within the time limit
Listed above, are the responsibilities associated with cooking jobs. Please make sure you are comfortable with these responsibilities before applying for a cooking position.
Benefits of Cooking Job in USA
There are lots of benefits you are likely to enjoy while working. A lot of employers offer benefits to their workers to appreciate them. So below we will be listing some benefits.
- Salary and job outlook.
- Dependable daily tasks.
- Discounted food.
- Increased cooking skills.
- Opportunity to use your creative skills to make and cook dishes.
- Every day is a new experience.
And many more. Other benefits may apply but it depends on your employer.
Types of Visas to Apply for to Get a Cooking Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
This work visa can be your pathway to realizing your dreams. It’s essential to determine the specific visa category your job qualifies for before applying. In the case of a cooking job, the appropriate visa choice is the H-2B visa.
H-2B Visa: This visa allows employers to hire workers from eligible foreign countries to fill either temporary or full-time non-agricultural positions.
Requirements to Apply for Cooking Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Working as a cook requires specific skills and knowledge of kitchen operations before you can be considered qualified. Here are some of the requirements below;
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Ability to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Culinary school 2–4-year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.
Most employers in the USA, whom you might want to work for, commonly seek these requirements.
It’s important to note that certain employers may have additional prerequisites beyond those listed above that you must fulfill to secure the job.
Where to Find a Cooking Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
You can secure the job even without prior experience, as cooking positions often offer opportunities for beginners to learn and grow.
By exploring various job sites, you can find numerous job openings in the culinary field. Below, you’ll find a list of some of these job sites:
- Zip Recruiter.
- Simply Hired.
With these job sites, you can find as many cooking jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship to apply for.
How to Apply for a Cooking Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
In this section of this article, we will outline a straightforward process for applying for a cooking job in the USA with visa sponsorship. Here are the steps you can follow below;
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your web browser.
- Visit any job search site mentioned above.
- Use the search bar to find cooking jobs of your own choice in USA.
- A list of available job openings will be displayed.
- Click on the job opening to see the full details of the job.
- Choose the one that you can meet the requirements.
- Tap on the Apply button.
- You will be directed to the company’s official page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to apply.
- Upload your CV when requested.
- Submit your application successfully.
Once you have applied, if you are approved, you’ll be called on for an interview. Good luck.