Are you a student looking for a lender to help you further your education? Have you been duped by other lenders in some way? Worry less because Ascent Funding has come to your rescue. Ascent is an online lending platform that offers private student loans for both undergraduates and graduates. It also includes Ph.D., MBA, medical, law, and dental school students.
Ascent does not make it compulsory for a student to have a co-signer before taking loans. They believe that a student should have a credit score and a source of income to qualify for loans. But failure to provide a credit score or source of income might include the need for a co-signer. Ascent also provides a lower interest rate for students with co-signers than those without.
Ascent also gives you the privilege of the release of your co-signer after 24 consecutive payments on time. Also, to approve the release of your co-signer, you have to meet a minimum of your credit score and source of income.
Private Student Loans Offered by Ascent
There are three types of loans offered by Ascent. And it gives the students choices to make on which one of them to take. Check out the types of loans below:
Ascent helps undergraduates pay for their college fees through this type of loan. They have the option to apply for a cosigned credit-based loan, a non-credit-based loan, or a non-cosigned outcome-based loan. Undergraduate students can select from any of the three options. The graduates have the choice to choose either a co-signed credit-based loan or a non-co-signed credit-based loan.
The difference between a private student loan and a Bootcamp loan is that taxes paid for students might be deductible but not for Bootcamp loans. This type of loan is for those that want to improve their career or expand it.
It helps to provide loans for students pursuing a degree in professional training at their schools. Applying for this is very easy and fast. You will not be pressured to pay quickly, and you will be able to set your own payment schedule. Then, after signing your loan documents, the payment will be made to your school.
Ascent partners with schools and helps their students pay tuition fees and other basic needs. They also conduct Bootcamps to help them with their skills and future plans.
Why Should I Apply for Ascent Private Student Loans?
Ascent gives you the opportunity to further your education to whatever level you want, and other benefits are also added to it. Check out the benefits below:
- Affordable: Ascent gives loans at affordable rates and an auto-pay discount.
- Repay on your own terms: You are allowed to choose the type of your payment on your own. You can decide to pay after leaving school or early enough before you leave school.
- Fast and Easy: Applying for a loan on Ascent is fast and easy. You can complete your loan application within a few minutes.
- Build credit in your own name: Ascent allows you to build your credit by applying for the loan in your own name, but if you don’t qualify, you can add a cosigner.
- Free Resources and App: Ascent gives students the opportunity to gain access to free resources like the Bootcamp program to help in their future careers.
Above all, ascent gives students many opportunities to help them grow academically. It helps students build their credit score.
How to Apply for Ascent Private Student Loans
As mentioned earlier, there are three types of loans, which are college loans, Bootcamp loans, and career loans. To apply for these loans, check the guidelines below;
For College Loans
- Visit the Ascent website in your web browser.
- On the home page, click on ‘’Apply Now”.
- From the next result, choose between the two types of loans. Pick either a college loan or a boot camp loan.
- For college loans, you will be asked if you are a student or a co-signer.
- If you’re applying as a student, fill in the state you are in the next option.
- Click next, and fill in the name of the school and the degree you will receive after graduation.
- Fill in the blanks with the current year.
- Type your GPA into the next option.
- Fill in the next options.
- Then put in your email and password. You will be asked to confirm both. You will be asked a security question and you will pick an answer.
- Fill in the necessary options and apply for the loan.
For Bootcamp Loans
- Enter the name of your school.
- Fill in the program you are attending.
- Click Next and enter your full name.
- Then put in your phone number.
- Fill in the other options to apply.
- Visit the Ascent career loan website.
- Select your school.
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- Now select the program you’re enrolling in.
- Then select the campus you’re attending.
- After that, enter your personal details.
Follow the prompts to complete the application process. The Bootcamp loans are for students pursuing a degree in technology, professional training, or licensure training. While a college loan is intended for students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees at a university. Both types of loans have their own benefits to satisfy the borrowers.