AARP Medicare is a federal health care insurance program for people 65 years or older or with disabilities. This program has existed for more than 58 years, and presently, it is assisting over 65 million people to cover prescription drugs, hospital stays, and many more in the United States of America. This program is designed to provide disabled patients and adults within the age of 65 years with amazing coverage. The purpose of this program is to help eligible citizens in the United States get medical or healthcare coverage affordably.
Just like other insurance, getting coverage from AARP is not free. But do not be discouraged because their plans are very affordable. In other words, you get to pay less and save more while you still have access to amazing benefits, services, and coverage options. However, if you want to enjoy AARP Medicare, you need to apply first.
How Does It Work?
AARP Medicare works similarly to health insurance. However, the only difference is that only certain people are eligible for coverage and the benefits that they offer. Moreover, you need to be eligible to participate in the program. In addition to this, there are affordable plans from UnitedHealthcare from Medicare Part A, B, C, and D.
So, when you turn 65 years old, you will be enrolled in Medicare Part A automatically. This plan covers your hospital bills. As for Medicare Part B, this plan offers coverage for you to visit a doctor. On the other hand, the cost of Medicare depends on the plan and coverage that you choose.
To sum up, find out if you are eligible for this medical program, if you are, visit the Social Security Administration website to apply and successfully purchase a good plan.
What Does AARP Medicare Cover?
There are a lot of nice benefits that you enjoy when you have an AARP Medicare plan. In other words, after you purchase a plan with AARP, certain events that are part of your policy will be covered. Here are some of them:
- A wellness visit yearly.
- Nutrition therapy.
- Lung cancer screenings.
- A one-time “Welcome to Medicare” visit.
- Diabetes screenings.
- Colorectal cancer screenings.
- Prostate cancer.
- Alcohol counseling.
- Depression screening.
- Smoking counseling.
Since you have finally figured out what AARP Medicare covers, it is up to you to see whether or not it is a good choice.
What Does It Not Cover?
Even though AARP Medicare offers medical benefits to older Americans, there are still some coverage options that are not part of the program. They include:
- Hearing aids.
- Massage therapy.
- Eye exams and opticians.
- Dental work.
- Nursing home care.
- Chiropractic care.
- Concierge care.
- Medical care for feet.
- Overseas care.
- Cosmetic surgery.
Elective surgeries like tummy tucks and facelifts are not covered by AARP Medicare. But they do cover plastic surgery after an injury or accident.
How Much Does AARP Medicare Cost?
Unfortunately, you cannot access all the AARP Medicare benefits for free. You need to pay to enjoy healthcare services and a wide range of coverage. Nonetheless, the amount you pay for AARP Medicare depends on the coverage plan you choose. Your out-of-network costs and your insurance plan also determine the cost of your Medicare.
How To Apply For AARP Medicare
Applying for AARP Medicare is a smooth process. Moreover, complicated steps are not required. All you need to do is follow the steps I will be showing below, and you will have no problem applying for this program. Now, here is what you need to do:
- Visit the Social Security Administration website to sign up.
- Tap on Sign Up for Medicare.
- Next, click on Apply Online.
- Agree to their terms and conditions, then click Next.
- This will take you to the Apply for Benefits page.
- Select Start a New Application.
- You will be asked to sign in to your account or create an account.
- Since you are a new user, create an account.
- But if you already have an account, then log in to your account.
- Then, give information about the person applying.
- Choose whether or not you have a social security account.
- If yes, select the round icon and tap Next.
- If not, click on the icon and answer the question below before clicking Next.
- Log in to your social security account if you have one and enter your personal information.
- On the next page, answer all the questions on your Medicare application.
Lastly, click on Yes. You can also sign up for Part B or Part A. Then, enter all the information about your employment, health insurance, and group health plan.
AARP Medicare Login
Here is how to login to your AARP Medicare account online:
- Connect to the internet.
- Visit aarpmedicareplans.com.
- Click on the sign-in
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Tap on Sign In.
- Next, enter your username.
- Then, type your password.
Once you are done, tap on the blue Sign In option to access your account. You can also select the Remember My Username option whenever you want to log in.