Standard Bank in an attempt to provide bank apps to everyone and everywhere created a banking app for its customers. With the standard bank app, you are able to carry out transactions easily, pay bills, and much more from anywhere. Besides, the app allows you to manage your bank account at your convenience. It also gives you greater access to your account details, making payments and transfers.
One feature that sets the Standard Bank app apart from other bank apps is its ability to function without an internet connection. Additionally, using the app to check your account balance incurs no charges. The Standard Bank recognizes this advantage and strives to enhance convenience for its customers. Consequently, the Standard Bank app is designed to operate seamlessly without the need for data, irrespective of the network you are connected to.
This is possible because the standard bank had an agreement with the mobile networks in South Africa. This agreement allows the customers of the major network providers to access the standard bank app without being charged for the data. So, if you have 1GB worth of data or 0MB you will still be able to use the standard bank app.
Benefits of The Bank App
The standard bank has a reputation of putting customers first in whatever they do and this always puts a happy smile on their faces. Standard Bank app is one of those bank ideas created to make life easier for customers. Here are the benefits of using the app;
- Use without an internet connection.
- Transfer money to the same bank or another bank easily. You can use the bank app to make secure payments.
- Open accounts online from your comfort zone.
- Make payments to foreign accounts.
- Should you misplace your standard bank card or it gets stolen, you can cancel the card instantly. You also get the chance to order a new card.
- With the app, you can increase the limit placed on your ATM card.
- A nifty feature of the bank app is that you can make insurance claims with photos.
- It allows loans you take out on your cars. You can also ask for a vehicle cross-border letter using the card.
Using this app doesn’t cost a thing. You don’t have to pay for the bank app when you are downloading it from your mobile app store. Data charges do not apply when using the app. Although a small fee will be charged for certain payments and notifications.
Standard Bank App – Instant Money
With the standard bank app, you can send money to your family, friends, and loved ones in South Africa. As long as the receiver of the money has a cell phone then the transfer will surely be successful. More than a million people trust instant money in SA. One good thing about this is that you as well as the recipient don’t need a bank account. Instant money with the standard bank app is quick, reliable, and safe.
How to Download Standard Bank App
Downloading the Standard Bank App is very easy. And doesn’t also require more than an internet-connected device. With that, you can download the app on your device be it Android or iOS, using the steps below;
- Open your Google Play or App Store
- Locate the Standard Bank app using the store’s search engine
- Click on the app from the search result
- Then tap on the install or get button to begin downloading.
- However, note that The app needs Android 4.0.3 and above to function properly or an iOS 9 or above. You can also sync the app on your iPhone with the Apple watch.
How to Get Started with The Standard Bank App
If you are the standard bank for the first time, you will need to create a digital identity. Creating a digital id is relatively easy. You will need to enter your email address and a password. The password should be a closely guarded secret and should be kept safely.
Next is to link your standard bank cards to your standard bank accounts. Once this process is complete then you can start using the bank app. When using the app, you do not have to be worried about the safety of your funds as they are in safe hands. This is because the data you send and receive using the app is encrypted.
Standard Bank App for Kids
Standard Bank always tries to improve its financial inclusion practices by trying to include everyone of all ages in banking practices. With this in mind, the bank created a bank app for kids. The app is known as the Kid’s Banking app. This app is available on both Android and IOS devices.
This app helps your kids know what it means to save money and aids them in their money decision-making efforts. Kids who use the app are always learning and have fun doing it. All this is an effort of the standard bank to put a smile on its customer’s faces.
Standard Bank will always try to bring out new and creative ways for its customers to manage their money and investments. And they will not just stop at the app as this is just one of many more to come.