Are you searching for the best credit card that offers travel, shopping, and other exclusive rewards and benefits in India? Then, I suggest you apply for an SBI Credit Card. SBI which stands for State Bank of India offers its customers a wide range of credit cards and other financial services. With their credit card, you can get rewards for travel, shopping, dining, and many more.
In addition, you can get to enjoy cashback, low-interest rates, reward points, etc. You can find a credit card that fit your lifestyle, taste, and need. Whether you are searching for a credit card that offers unlimited dining rewards or shopping rewards. You can find the perfect credit card via their various options.
New and existing customers of SBI can apply for this credit card online without having to visit any of their branches. Plus, you can easily manage and access your account online by visiting www.sbicreditcard.com. Or you can download SBI Card App to manage your account. To apply for an SBI Credit Card, you certainly need to read through this article till the end.
SBI Credit Cards and Overview
Based on our research, State Bank of India currently has 35 Credit Cards and these credit cards are categorized into premium cards, shopping and travel cards, classic cards, and exclusive cards.
Each credit card has its own peculiar features and special rewards. Some of these rewards and features range from a free movie ticket, Lunge access, Reward points, online bill payments, etc.
SBI Lifestyle Credit Cards
Under this category, there are basically two credit cards and they are SBI Card Elite and Doctor’s SBI Card in Association with IMA.
SBI Card Elite
This credit card offers a wide range of benefits but some of the key features you get to enjoy while using this credit include;
- A welcome E- Gift Voucher of 5,000 for Joining
- You can select from a wide range of travel and lifestyle brands such as Yatra, Hush Puppies/ Beta, Shoppers Stop, and Aditya Birla Fashion
- Free Movie Ticket of 6,000 every year
- Get 50,000 Bonus Reward points worth Rs.12,500 yearly
- Also, you can get 5 reward bonuses on Dining, Departmental stores, and Grocery
- And 2 reward points per Rs.100 on other purchases except for Fuel
Doctor’s SBI Card in Association with IMA
- Some of the rewards and benefits that this credit card offers its customers include;
- You get a welcome voucher worth Rs.1,500 from Yatra.com
- Obtain 5x rewards points on Medical Supplies, Travel bookings, and international Purchase
- Get 5 reward points on any spending done during Doctor’s day usually the 1st of July
- Get 1 reward point per Rs. 100 for other purchase
SBI Rewards Card
Under this category, there are basically four credit cards and they are;
SBI Card Prime
- For every Rs. 100 spent on utility bill auto-pay, you receive 20 reward points.
- 10 Reward Points are awarded for every Rs. 100 spent on eating, grocery, movies, and department shop purchases.
- Annual fees are canceled if you spend at least Rs. 3 lakh in a single year.
- Free of charge Red Tier Trident Privilege membership.
Apollo SBI Card
- Save 10% or more on specific Apollo services.
- 3 times as many reward points for every Rs. 100 paid on any Apollo service.
- If you spend Rs. 90,000 or more in a year, the renewal cost is waived.
- India-wide exemption from the 1% fuel tax
SBI Tata Platinum Card
- 2% of purchases at Croma are fully refunded to you (in-store and online).
- Value-back rewards of up to 5% are available in Tata stores.
- Three times as many empowerment points on transactions made at restaurants, department stores, and abroad.
- For each Rs. 100 spent at other retail stores, one Empower Point is awarded.
Tata Titanium SBI Credit Card
- Value back of 5% on Croma transactions Note that; this is applicable to in-store and online purchases
- 3x Empower Points on purchases made at grocery and department retailers.
- Annual fee cancellation with minimum annual spending of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Value back on purchases made at Tata shops of up to 5%.
SBI Shopping Credit Card
Meanwhile, the SBI Shopping Credit Card includes the following and their respective benefits;
SimplyClick SBI Card
- Online purchases made through certain merchant websites, including Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Lenskart, and Netmeds, earn 10x Reward Points.
- Reward Points on additional online purchases.
- A 2,000 rupee online voucher for annual online spending between 1 lakh and 2 lakh rupees.
- Annual fee canceled for spending Rs. 1 lakh annually.
SimplySave SBI Card
- For every Rs. 100 spent on groceries, meals, movies, and purchases at department stores, customers receive 10 reward points.
- Also, for every Rs. 100 spent on other purchases, one reward point is earned.
- To get 2,000 bonus Reward Points within 60 days after card approval, spend at least Rs.2,000.
- The 1% gasoline premium at any gas station is canceled.
SBI Unnati Credit Card
- This card offers one reward point for every Rs. 100 spent.
- To receive a payback of Rs. 500, you must spend Rs. 50,000 or more annually.
- There is a 1% fuel surcharge exemption for purchases between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
Central SBI Select Card
- Earn 10 Select Points for every Rs. 100 spent at Central retailers.
- For every Rs. 100 spent on meals and movies, you will receive 5 Select Points.
- One Select Point is awarded for every Rs. 100 spent on retail purchases other than petrol.
- You will receive a Central e-gift card in the amount of Rs. 750 as a welcome gift.
Central SBI Select Plus Credit Card
- For every 100 rupees spent at any Central store, you will receive 20 selected points.
- Also, for every Rs. 100 spent on meals and movies, ten points are awarded.
- And for every 100 rupees spent on other retail items, you will receive 2 Select Points.
- Lastly, you will receive a Central e-gift card in the amount of Rs. 3,000 as a welcome gift.
SBI StyleUp Contactless Credit Card
- When you purchase specific items from Big Bazaar and FBB stores, you will receive an upfront discount of 10%.
- Big Bazaar, FBB, and Food Bazaar standalone store purchases, as well as dining transactions, can earn you 10x Reward Points.
- Within 15 days of the annual fee being paid, you will receive an FBB gift card worth Rs. 500.
SBi Travel Credit Cards
Etihad Guest SBI Card
- For every Rs. 100 spent on the Etihad website, you will receive 3 Etihad Guest Miles.
- You will receive two Etihad Guest Miles for every Rs. 100 spent abroad.
- Also, you will receive one Etihad Guest Mile for every Rs. 100 spent on other retail transactions.
- Receive an immediate discount of up to 10%
- Lastly, 3% for Economy Class and 10% for Business Class) on direct reservations with Etihad Airways.
Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card
- Free Etihad Guest Gold tier status following your first purchase using this card.
- Users receive 6 Etihad Guest Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on the Etihad website.
- Etihad Guest Miles are awarded for every 100 rupees spent abroad.
- A 10% or more discount on the redemption of air miles
Yatra SBI Credit Card
- Domestic flight tickets are discounted by Rs. 1,000 for bookings of Rs. 5,000 or more.
- An Rs. 4,000 discount on foreign airfare with a minimum booking of Rs. 40,000.
- For every Rs. 100 spent on meals out, groceries, entertainment, movies, department stores, and international transactions, customers receive 6 reward points.
- Access to MasterCard-accepting airport lounges in India
BPCL SBI Credit Card
- 25% value back on petrol purchases made at any BPCL pump equal to 13x Reward Points.
- The fuel surcharge and a 1% discount are waived for all fuel purchases up to Rs 4,000.
- 5x Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on dining out, going to the movies, shopping at department stores, and grocery shopping.
- A monthly fuel cost reduction of up to Rs. 100.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
- When you reserve certain train tickets on the IRCTC website, you may receive up to 10% value back in the form of Reward Points.
- One reward point is awarded for every Rs. 125 spent on non-fuel retail items including IRCTC website transactions.
- When purchasing train tickets through www.irctc.co.in, reduce transaction fees by 1%.
- Elimination of India’s 1% fuel surcharge at all gas stations for transactions amounting to Rs. 500-Rs. 3,000.
SBI Mumbai Metro Credit Card
- Whenever the balance falls to $50, you get a $200 auto-top-up on your Mumbai Metro card.
- For every Rs. 100 spent on an automatic metro card top-up, you will receive 10 reward points
- Get 10 reward points for every Rs100 spent on groceries, dining, movies, and department stores.
- For every Rs. 100 spent on other purchases, you receive 1 reward point.
Chennai Metro SBI Card
- The card functions as both a credit card and a Chennai metro travel card.
- Earn 10 times the number of Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on groceries, dining, movies, and department store purchases.
- For every Rs. 100 spent on other purchases, you will receive one reward point.
- The 1% fuel fee exemption applies to fuel purchases between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
Air India SBI Signature Card
- For every Rs. 100 spent on tickets purchased through the Air India website or mobile app, up to 30 reward points may be earned.
- This card offers 4 reward points for every 100 spent.
- A one-time bonus of up to one lakh reward points.
- Convert your bonus points (1 point = 1 mile) into Air India miles.
Air India SBi Platinum Card
- When purchasing Air India tickets using the Air India website or app, you can earn up to 15 reward points for every rupee spent.
- This card offers two reward points for every rupee of spending.
- An annual bonus of up to 15,000 Reward Points
- Enrollment in the Air India Frequent Flyer Program is free of charge.
State Bank of India Banking Partnership Cards
SBI also partners with various stores to offer its customers a credit card. Amongst the credit cards under this category are;
- Karnataka Bank SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Karur Vysya Bank SBI Credit Card
- Federal Bank SBI Credit Card
- Bank of Maharashtra SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Federal Bank SBI Platinum Credit Card
- South Indian Bank SBI Platinum Credit Card
- OBC SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Karur Vysya Bank SBI Platinum Credit Card
- OBC SBI Credit Card
- Bank of Maharashtra SBI Credit Card
Premium/Invite-Only Credit Cards from State Bank of India
Aside from the above-listed credit cards, there are credit cards that require invite before you can apply for them. And these credit cards are referred to as premium or invite-only credit cards. Cards under this category include;
- SBI Card ELITE Advantage
- SBI Card PRIME Advantage
- simply click Advantage SBI Card
- SimplySAVE Advantage SBI Card
- Karnataka Bank SBI SimplySAVE Card
- LVB SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Capital First SBI Card
- South Indian Bank SimplySAVE SBI Card
- LVB SBI SimplySAVE Card
- KVB SBI Signature Card
Who is Eligible for an SBI Credit Card?
Unfortunately, not everyone is qualified for an SBI Credit Card and so you need to check your eligibility status before applying for the card. Based on our research, the following are eligible for this credit card;
- Applicant must be 21 years of age and 70 years Maximum
- You will be a stable source of income whether you are self-employed or a salary earner
- Also, the applicant must have a regular source of income
- You must be a citizen of India or a Permanent resident
- Lastly, a good credit score is needed
What Document do I need to Apply?
After checking your eligibility, you need to know the necessary documents and credentials needed to apply for this credit card. Some of the compulsory documents and credentials needed are;
- Your PAN Card
- Photocopy of your Aadhaar Card or any Valid Government ID address proof
- Also, you will need your Income document such as your income tax return, Salary slip, etc
If you need to provide other documents, you will be notified during your credit card application process.
How to Apply for SBI Credit Card Online
Meanwhile, applying for the SBI.com credit card is easy and straightforward. Plus, you don’t need to visit any of their branches to apply as you can start your application process online.
To apply for this credit card, check out the following steps and guidelines highlighted below;
- Visit the official website of SBI Credit Card Online
- Or click on this link to be redirected https://www.sbicard.com/en/eapply.page to the website
- On the website, locate the credit card icon and click on APPLY NOW
- This takes you to the credit card page
- Scroll through the page and select a credit card that suit your need and eligibility
- Once you’ve found a credit card, click on the Apply Now icon
- This will take you to another page
- Start your online application by filling out the application form
- Ensure to enter the correct information and detail while filling out the form
- Upload the necessary documents
- Once you have done it, click On SUBMIT
- You will immediately get a decision on the application based n your information
- If your application is accepted, you will get a call from any of the SBI Card team for instant verifications
- Proceed to upload other necessary documents for verification
- Lastly, follow the instruction and guidelines of the SBI Card Team to complete your application
How do I track my Credit Card Application Status?
If you are yet to receive information from the SBI Card team about your application process, you will need to check your status. You can do so by visiting the official website of SBI and then making use of their Track application page to check your status.
Note; you will need your Application No or Reference Number. Follow the below steps and guidelines;
- Visit the official website of SBI Track Application page
- Or click on https://www.sbicard.com/
- Scroll down the page until you find the track your application status
- Once found, Enter your Application/ Reference Number
- Then, click on TRACK
You can follow the above steps and guidelines to successfully check your www.sbi.com Credit Card application status.
SBI Credit Card Online Account Registration
To successfully access your SBI Card Account online after applying for a Card, you need to sign up for an online account. It is free to create this account and the process is quite easy.
You will need your Card details such as your Card Number, CVV number, date of birth details, and more. Check out the steps and guidelines below;
- Visit the official website of SBI Card online
- Locate the Register icon at the homepage and click on it
- Or click on this link https://www.sbicard.com/creditcards/app/user/register-page
- This will redirect you to the online registration page
- You will be prompted to enter your details
- Enter your Card Number and CVV Number
- Also, enter your correct date of birth
- Lastly, click on Proceed and follow the prompt
SBI Credit Card Login
Already have an account with SBI Credit Card you will have to sign in to your account. You can conveniently sign in to your account using your correct login details and information. Here are the easy and simple ways to access your sbicreditcardlogin account;
- Visit the official login page of SBI Credit Card
- Or tap on the below link https://www.sbicard.com/creditcards/app/user/login
- This will redirect you to the login page
- While on the login page, you can sign in to your account using your mobile number, the user ID, or Card details
- To sign in using your mobile number, enter the number connected to your account and then input your card Pin and tap on Proceed
- For users signing in with User ID, select User ID
- Then, enter your correct User ID and Password and then click Proceed
- Lastly, if you are signing in using your card details, select this option
- Enter your primary Card Number
- Then, click on Generate OTP and follow the prompt
If your login details are accurate, you will automatically be granted access to your account where you can pay bills, check your account statement, track and monitor your spending, etc.
Frequently Asked Question
How to Recover your SBI Card Password or User ID
Users who are unable to sign in to their SBI Credit Card account due to incorrect password or user ID can easily reset or recover their login details. To recover or reset your password or user ID, check out the following steps and guidelines;
- Visit https://www.sbicard.com/creditcards/app/user/forgotpassword-page
- On the page, enter your Card Number
- Also, enter your CVV Number
- Then, enter your Date of Birth
- Lastly, click on Proceed to complete the process
How do I make an SBI Credit Card Bill Payment?
There are several ways to make an SBI Credit Card Payment. You can easily and conveniently make a payment online, offline, and through your mobile application.
Make Payment Online
Pay Online via the SBI Website
You can conveniently make payment Online to use this method, you can follow the below steps and guidelines;
- Visit the official website of SBI
- Sign up for an online SBI Card account
- Or login to your credit card online
- Once logged in or after signing up for an account
- Click on Bill payment and then click on Manage Biller
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions and guidelines
Use the Paynet –Pay Online
Here are the steps and guidelines to make a payment using the Paynet – Pay Online icon on the official website.
- Visit the official website of SBI Cards online https://www.sbicard.com/
- Login to your Sbi card.com account using your login details
- Select the Pay Now icon on the dashboard
- Then, select the amount you will like to pay
- Choose the mode of payment and the bank name from the menu
Lastly, confirm your information and details. After confirming your details you will be directed to the bank payment interface and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Net Banking NEFT
You can make an SBI payment using Net Banking. This is for payments from accounts other than those of the State Bank of India. Use the IFSC code for SBIN00CARDS.
Visa Credit Card Pay
You can also make use of Visa Credit Card Pay to make an SBI Credit Card Payment. To use this method, make use of your online banking account to pay your SBI visa card bills online.
Electronic Bill Payment
This internet banking service is accessible across ATMs, mobile apps, and net banking at the State Bank of India, Citibank, Bank of India, and Indian Overseas Bank.
SBI Auto Debt Pay
You can pay your debts directly out of your State Bank of India account by using the auto debt option.
Complete your SBI Credit Card Payment using the Mobile App
You can also make a State Bank of India Credit Card Payment using their mobile app. Download the mobile app on your app via Google Play or App store.
Once downloaded, open the app and proceed to sign in or register for a credit card account. After signing in or creating an account, locate the payment icon and follow the prompts to make a payment.
Aside from the SBI Card APP, you can either use UPI Payment or YONO to complete your SBI credit card payment. Download any of these apps to make a payment online.
Make a Payment Offline
Use SBI ATM
You can pay your SBI Card payment using any of the SBI ATMs around your state or region.
Visit the nearest SBI Bank Branch
Also, you can visit the nearest state bank of India bank around your location to make a payment. Note; that you will need to carry along your credentials and documents to use this method.
How to Contact SBI Customer Service
If you have any inquiries concerning your credit card from the State Bank of India, you can get in touch with them. One of the following methods can be used to contact the bank; Email, Write to the Bank, via Twitter, Call their customer Care, via SMS, and Fax.