PayPal Account Sign-Up – Nowadays, the rate at which people send and transfer money through traditional banking methods is very high. However, with the advent of third-party platforms, there are now various convenient ways to send and receive money without even leaving your doorstep, and one such platform is PayPal. PayPal has gained widespread popularity as a secure method for sending money to friends and family, as well as making online payments. The PayPal Account Sign-Up process involves creating a transaction account that you can use to facilitate online transactions securely.
In case you’re not familiar, PayPal is an American company that provides an online transaction system, that enables you to transfer money electronically. It also offers alternative methods of transaction, such as making payments for purchases and money orders. To become a part of the PayPal community and take advantage of its services, the first step is to sign up for a PayPal account. There are two types of accounts you can open, which include: A personal and a business account.
How to Sign Up for a Personal Account
The personal account is meant for everyone and currently, there are more than 267 million active users that use the personal account to pay online and also receive money. The interesting aspect is that Payment is well-secured and safe across thousands of store online transactions.
To open a personal PayPal account:
- Go to www.paypal.com/welcome/signup
- Enter your Country/Region using the drop-down arrow.
- Next, provide your Name, Middle name, and Last Name.
- Then use a secure email address when providing your email address on the next option.
- After that create a well secure password and you can view the password requirement to learn about a strong password.
- Click Next.
Once you have completed the first section, next you need to fill out your address, city where you live in Date of birth, phone number. Then, lastly, agree to the Terms & conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Finally, click “Agree and Create Account, then you can decide to add your credit card.
How to Set up a Business Transaction Account
The Business PayPal account is another category of online transaction service. The fact about the Business account is that it secures your Credit and Visa debit payment card without deducting any monthly fee. Also, you can receive payment through online invoicing and PayPal checkout at a very faster rate. Above all, comes with PayPal seller protection which actually protects the seller from any threat.
To create a business PayPal account:
- Also, visit https://www.paypal.com/ca/business/get-paid/accept-online-payments
- Click Accept payment on the homepage.
- Then click Get Started For Free.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Set up your password and confirm the password to ensure it matches.
- Fill out your business information which includes;
- First name and Last name
- Business Name
- Business Phone
- Add your Business Street address
- Enter your Postal code, City, and Province
- Click the checkbox to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Lastly, click Agree and Continue.
Keep in mind, there’s an advantage to signing up for the Business Account. Because it offers you no monthly free and also a percentage of 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction. Furthermore, the business account accepts different types of payment even while using just one PayPal account.