How to Watch YouTube on TV? You would agree with me that with YouTube, the fun is endless. As there you get to easily stream your favorite cooking show or music videos. Now, do you know that watching all your favorite shows on YouTube can be more interesting if it’s streamed from a bigger screen? Yes, connecting to a bigger screen enables you to watch whatever show comfortably with your family and friends without you all having to share your phone screen which might be very uncomfortable.
So, do you have a big screen at home; that is your Television? Would you like to watch your YouTube on TV? Then I implore you to read through this article to see how to go about it. Then have fun streaming videos on YouTube endlessly but rather than from your phone, it will be from your TV screen.
However, there are different ways by which you can watch YouTube on TV. And here in this article, you will be enlightened on all of them. So, I implore you to sit back and read through this article to discover easy and different ways to seamlessly stream YouTube on Your Television.
How To Download YouTube on Your TV
Usually, YouTube is among the pre-installed apps on several Smart TVs and other streaming devices. If yours doesn’t have YouTube installed you can always download the app and install it by yourself. The steps below will guide you on how to install YouTube on your Smart TV:
- Tap the Home or the Start Menu for your TV
- Choose the TV or the device App Store
- Next, search for the YouTube app. If your TV has a search bar to find apps, enter YouTube and the icon of the app will be displayed.
- Choose the YouTube app icon and tap Install.
After installing the app on your Smart TV, the YouTube app will be displayed on your apps menu and you can go ahead and start viewing YouTube on your Smart TV.
How to Watch YouTube on a Smart TV
Smart TVs are designed with a built-in internet connection and several pre-installed apps such as YouTube and you can be able to view any show you desire on your Smart TV. Here is how to view YouTube on your Smart TV:
- Turn on your Smart TV and connect it to the internet
- Then you head over to the YouTube app. This app is usually on the home screen.
- Launch the YouTube app. Use the Smart TV remote to choose and also open the YouTube app.
- Then you sign on to your YouTube account.
And there you have it. After signing in to your YouTube account, you will be able to watch YouTube on your Smart TV.
How to Watch YouTube through Gaming Console
If you have game consoles such as Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Xbox Series, you can use them to watch YouTube. These gaming consoles aren’t just for games but they can also be used as media centers. Here is how to watch YouTube on gaming consoles:
- Turn your game console on and then you connect it to the internet.
- Make sure that your gaming console is also set up to access the internet.
- Then you download the YouTube app from the App Store.
- Find the YouTube app and download it and it will later be installed on your console.
- Launch the YouTube app and sign in to your account.
After following the guide above, you will be able to watch YouTube on your gaming console.
How To Watch YouTube on TV Using Screen Mirroring
If you have the YouTube app installed on your smartphone, you can use screencasting or screen mirroring to send YouTube wirelessly to a smart TV that is compatible with it or you can use a media streamer such as Chromecast or a game console. If you don’t have the YouTube app, you can download it from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Connect your smartphone to the TV. If you are using an Android device, you must use a TV that supports Miracast and if you are using an Apple device you will need an Apple TV.
- Then you turn on Screen Mirroring. On your Android device, this is located in the Quick settings menu and it will be known as Screen Casting, Smart View, Quick Connect, or Cast.
- To open the control center on your iOS device, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen and then click on Screen Mirroring.
- Choose your TV. Your device will search for TVs to connect to.
- Once you locate the TV, choose it and confirm your connection.
- Launch the YouTube app on your device.
And there you have it. Find the video that you want and then watch it on your Smart TV and your mobile device.
How to Watch YouTube on TV through Computer and HDMI Cable
If you have a personal computer o a desktop computer that has an HDMI port, you can then connect it directly to your TV. Here is how to do it:
- Connect your computer to your television. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your computer and the other end into your TV. Ensure that both devices are switched off when you do this to prevent any damage.
- Switch your TV’s input source: Switch on your TV and your computer. Make use of your TV remote to change the input source to the HDMI port you plugged your computer into.
- Next, adjust your computer display settings.
- Head over to YouTube. Launch your web browser and head over to the YouTube website.
After following the procedures above, you will be able to watch YouTube on your TV through your computer.
In conclusion, connecting your YouTube To your TV is very easy. In this article, we have listed simple steps and ways you can watch YouTube on TV. So, to be able to stream successfully you can follow the above guide and go through the process that is easier and more comfortable for you. Enjoy your streaming!