Passwords are important for security reasons and if you have a mobile phone without a password then you are doing yourself more harm than good. The issue with most people is that they do not know how to set a strong password for their device. How to create a strong password is one of the easiest things you just have to follow procedures. If you are an Android or iPhone user then you have to set one.
Aside from the fact that you need to set up a strong password, you also need to remember the password. Most people create a password that they cannot remember and it becomes difficult to access their phone. The essence of creating a strong password is to prevent people from having access to your phone. No other person has the right to access your phone without your consent.
However, your phone is your privacy so people should not have access to it without your consent. And if your password was hacked than it means you have to change it again. This time you have to change it to something hackers can never guess. Also, you must not use identical passwords; all your passwords must be different this way it won’t be hacked easily.
What Makes Password Strong?
One of the ways to know a strong password is the length, what this means is that the longer the password the better for you. Another way to know a strong password is the mix of letters; you have to make use of numbers, letters, and symbols. You must also make sure that they are tied to your personal information or dictionary words.
What does a strong password do?
There are a lot of things to gain when you know How to create a strong password. Let’s take a look at them below.
- A strong password helps you keep your personal information safe
- It prevents someone else from getting into your account or device
- Strong passwords protect your emails, files, messages, and other important content.
Finally, a strong password drives away hackers and internet fraudsters from having access to your information. It also prevents big companies from being a victim of hackers.
How can I Spot a Weak Password?
The reason why people have weak passwords is that they do not know How to create a strong password. Well, you can easily dictate a weak password if it has the following below.
- A weak password makes use of common words, making use of common words like Password will let the hacker access your information easily.
- They are easy to identify, especially if someone knows you well. Once you start making use of passwords that begin with your last name or date of birth then it can be easily accessed.
- Weak passwords are usually short and they can be easily decoded, so always make sure you use passwords that are long and difficult to crack.
So, this is how you can know if your password is weak, if it is then it is time you change it to something more difficult for the hacker to crack and if you don’t do then your privacy will be invaded.
How do I Keep a Strong Password Secure?
How to create a strong password has now been sorted out but you have to ensure that it is secure. If, not people would still be able to have access to it. Once you have set up a password with the perfect length, mixed letters, numbers, and cases then you are on the right track.
- Do not share your passwords, if you want to keep your strong password safe then you must not share your password with anyone, not even your friends.
- Make use of password manager; there are lots of apps that can store your password securely. So make use of those apps often.
- Do not write down your passwords, this can be very risky sometimes because you can never tell who is watching you.
- Never reuse your passwords, if you’re using the same password for your email, shopping, and other websites then you have to change it. You have to make use of different passwords.
The secret to creating a hard-to-crack password that is unique and easy to remember is to focus on making it memorable and hard to detect. Make sure you create a strong password right now.