Green Dot provides both regular credit cards and prepaid debit cards to its customers. Customers can cancel both cards whenever they want, but the steps for doing so are quite different. Furthermore, you must pay all pending fees before you begin to cancel your card. There is also an official customer care line that you can contact if you want to cancel your Green Dot card.
Green Dot is a financial technology company located in California and is one of the biggest prepaid debit card companies in the United States. The Green Dot Card can be used in a wide variety of stores and shops around the country. People who don’t like prepaid cards can opt for the Green Dot credit card.
The only downside to this is that the constant use of the credit card will affect the cardholder’s credit score and will negatively affect the score if the credit card is misused. In addition, there are fees associated with the card that might stop you from using it.
How to Cancel Your Green Dot Card Through the Mobile App
Canceling your card depends on whether it is a prepaid debit card or a credit card. The cancellation process is also different. You can cancel your card through the mobile app or on the website. Here is how to cancel your Green Dot card through the mobile app:
- Launch the Green Dot app on your device.
- At the bottom right corner, select the Settings option.
- Select “Manage Card.”
- Under the Manage Card menu, click on the Close Your Account option.
- Select the desired option to get a refund of the funds available on your Green Dot account before closure.
After following the steps above, you have successfully closed your Green Dot Debit Card. Note that if you select the “Use my balance” option, you can spend all the money available, and then after all is spent, the card will be closed automatically.
How to Cancel Your Green Dot Card Online
If you want an easy method of closing your Green Dot debit card, you can do it through Green Dot’s official website. Here is how to do it:
- Open your web browser and visit Green Dot’s official website at www.greendot.com
- Tap on the Login button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your User ID and password, then click LOGIN.
- Tap on Security.
- Select the Close Your Account option.
- Choose a desired option from the list below.
- Use my balance
- Get cash now
- Get a refund check
And there you have it. You have entirely canceled your Green Dot card through the official website.
How Do I Cancel a Pending Green Dot Card?
If you want to cancel any pending Green Dot cards, it can be done in a simple way. Just follow the procedures below to cancel your card:
- Open your web browser and visit Green Dot’s official page at www.greendot.com.
- On the homepage, log in to your Green Dot card account.
- Tap on the “Transaction History” option beneath your Account menu.
- Choose the pending transaction you want to cancel and press Cancel.
- Tap on Confirm to close the pending transaction.
And there you have it. You have entirely canceled your pending Green Dot card or transaction through the official website.
How to Cancel Your Green Dot Card Through Gmail
If you want to cancel your Green Dot card because you don’t use it anymore, they might deduct your monthly fees from your Green Dot account. Well, you can cancel it through Gmail. Here is how to do it:
- Go to your Gmail website and tap on “Compose” to compose a new email.
- Type “Request to Delete My Account” in the subject section.
- Then add email@example.com as the recipient.
- Then you also write the body of the email and explain in detail why you want to close your Green Dot account.
After sending the email, they will get back to you, and your Green Dot card will be closed.
How to Cancel Your Green Dot Credit Card
If you want to cancel your Green Dot credit card, you should pay off the balance that you owe; if not, you will lose the security deposit that you placed on the card. Moreover, your credit score could be severely damaged if you don’t pay before canceling your account.
When you contact customer care service, you will be directed to an automated voice system that you can use to cancel your credit card. You will also be asked to enter your card number, and the system will take care of canceling your credit card if you follow the prompts.
How to Close a Green Dot Prepaid Card
If you want to close your Green Dot card, you can follow the procedures below:
- Open the Green Dot app on your device.
- Choose Settings> Manage Card > Close your Account.
- Choose the desired option to get a refund of the funds.
And there you have it. You have entirely canceled the Green Dot card.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Refund on a Green Dot Card?
If you have asked for a refund, you can check the Green Dot card because you want to close the card account for whatever reason. Then it will take about 7 business days to get a refund on the Green Dot Card.
How Can You Contact Green Dot?
If you have any issues regarding your Green Dot card or want to cancel your card, you can reach out to the customer care line. To obtain the number, go to Green Dot’s official website and select the customer service line. You can reach out to them regarding any issue with your card.