Google Translate is a very popular tool developed and made by Google. It is a tool that helps translate sentences, words, websites, and documents from one language to another. Google made this tool available as a mobile app and a website (on the web browser). However, in this article, we will mainly focus on the Google Translate app.
Unlike the web browser version, the Google Translate app can be used on your mobile phone. All you need to do is tap and you will be able to translate any text in a second. Furthermore, the Google Translate App is available to download on the Google Play Store and the iOS App Store.
This means you can make use of the Google Translate app on Android and iOS devices. It has amazing features, and one of the best parts is that you can make use of it in apps like WhatsApp and Telegram to translate and have multilingual conversations. With the G Translate app, you can copy text from an app and translate it into any language of your choice.
Is the Google Translate App Free?
Absolutely, the Google Translate app is free to download and use. So you do not need to worry about charges when using it to translate English to Hindi or any other languages of your choice.
G Translate App Features
Let’s talk about the features of the Google Translate app before moving on to how to download the app. The features let us know and understand what the app is all about. Below are the features of the G Translate app. Check it out!
- Translate between 109 languages by typing.
- Log in to sync your phrasebook across different devices.
- Translate up to 59 languages offline, including English.
- Copy any text in any app and tap the Google Translate icon to translate it.
- By pointing your camera at text in images, you can instantly translate it.
- Save and star-translated words and phrases for future purposes.
- Sign in to sync your phrasebook between the desktop and the app.
- Continuously translate a person speaking a different language in a few seconds.
- Translate bilingual conversations on the fly.
- Import or take photos for good and higher-quality translation.
- Microphone for speech translation
- External storage for downloading translation data offline
- Translating text messages.
Just like I mentioned above, Google Translate has multiple features. However, to enjoy these features, you need to download it on your devices.
Google Translate App Download
Downloading the Google Translate app on your device is very simple and straightforward. It is compatible with mobile devices (Android and iPhone). Nonetheless, here are the simple steps for downloading the Google Tr app;
- Open your Google Play Store or App Store.
- Make use of the search engine to search for ‘’Google translate.’’
- On the Google Play Store, click on Install on the next page.
- While on the App Store, click on “Get” and then install.
- Wait a few seconds. Let the app get installed on your devices.
With the above, you have successfully downloaded the G Translate app on your device. You can now make use of the translate app to translate into any language of your choice. It is very easy and straightforward to use. It does not necessitate any lengthy procedure.
How Do I Use the Google Translate App?
Just like I mentioned above, with just a tap on Google Translate, you can copy text from any app and translate it to another language. You don’t even need to switch over to the G Translate app on your device to change to a foreign language. Just ‘’Tap to translate’’ inside any of the app and it will work as an extension or shortcut. However, to do all these things, you need to enable it first.
To enable the G Translate app, just launch the app and tap on the hamburger icon in the menu, then click on “settings”. Select “Tap to Translate”. On the following screen, click the option that says “Enable Tap to Translate.” Now, below is how to use the G Translate app on your Android device;
- Open any app, for example, Telegram. Highlight the text you want to translate and copy it.
- A translate icon is on the top right of the app. Click on it for the translation.
- The translated version of the message text will now show on your screen.
However, you need to know that it might not work like this on iOS devices. That is why I noted it above, “Android devices.” On iOS, you might need to go to Google Translate to translate the words of your choice. And for PC devices, you need to go to the web version of Google Translate to translate languages or words.