However, Facebook is presenting a variety of stuff on its platform that most of us aren’t aware of even while being a regularly active user. Do you know that you can pay funds or transfer money to someone Facebook just like online payment? On the contrary, the social media networking site officially announced a new payment service on the Messenger app. Whereby users on Facebook can now transfer or send money to friends through the app without any cots after you must have entering an optional pin this call the Facebook Payments.
Moreover, the Facebook Payments is like an external method of payment which doesn’t require you opening PayPal app or Venmo to send money. With the use of the Facebook Payments on the Messenger app, you can easily connect your Visa or Mastercard to your Facebook account to send money for friends on Facebook across various devices such as iOS and Android with just zero fees. However, the feature was official roll out in the United State and is now available in different countries all over the world.
Overview of the Online Messenger Payment App
Currently, the platform has enabled users to like their debit or credit card with their messenger app account setting section. In other to send money to their friends through a striking up conversation. The payment option pop up when you’re interacting with friends by engaging a dialogue then “$” icon appears at the top of the keyboard. All you need to do in other to transfer money is to enter the amount you wish to send by selecting the payment option.
With the use of the Facebook payment on the messenger app you can be able to perform online transactions like
- Transfer money to a friend.
- You can purchase games and make in-app upgrades.
- You can contribute to the fundraising by donating to a charity or personal fundraiser.
- It allows you to buy and sell items on the marketplace and in groups.
- Purchase advanced tickets for an upcoming event.
- Lastly use the payment option to promote your event, product or company through Facebook ads.
Above all, the payment option is encrypted in other to protect and secure your online payment which keeps your credentials secure.
Facebook Payments – How to Send and Receive Money through Facebook Messenger App
Basically, the Facebook messenger app give users more convenient and secure way to seen or receive money on Facebook with friends. The process is very simple and doesn’t charge for any cost of the transaction. Use the following process:
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Then click the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Click Pay at the top right and add your debit card to send money
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time.
Once you have completed the transaction, the money will then be sent to them within one to three business day so as to make the money available for withdrawal. In case you don’t see the $ icon you can access the Facebook app and click the menu icon. Then select Send or Request Money and follow the steps to complete the transaction.