After Facebook launched the new creation of its Social Good team that facilitates to help build tools that enable people all over the world to do good or the cause their belief in. On the contrary, the social media giant has recently launched the latest cause-focused products known as the Facebook fundraiser page to help improve donation buttons for non-profits cause. Facebook has integrated the fundraiser button on pages whereby nonprofits can raise funds for different causes whether it’s for refuges crisis or to offer cloths & food to crisis areas causes to mankind or natural disaster.
On the contrary, Facebook has been so steadfast to provide even more resources for various causes through the process of raising money online. Actually, various procedures have been made to eliminate as many barriers as possible to the process of donating or charitable giving inside Facebook. Now the integration of the Donate button will appear on nonprofits pages and posts whereby allowing users to contribute to the cause or crisis directly from their News Feed.
Facebook Fundraiser Page – Requirements to Create a Nonprofit Fundraiser from a Facebook Page
Actually, the new Facebook fundraiser page is similar in format to event pages that allow nonprofits to describe the reason for a particular cause or campaign and allows people to donate funds. On the fundraiser’s page, a progress bar will be showcased to view your progress or achievement. Therefore, requires the following:
- A verified page – blue or grey badge
- Only Page admins can create a Fundraiser
- Page Fundraiser creation is currently only available on the desktop to approved partners in US and EU
- Business admins of a Page can only create a Fundraiser through the Business Manager fundraiser hub: business.facebook.com/fundraisers/
- The Fundraiser tab is only visible in this view once a Page has created a fundraiser— you can see your past fundraisers here as well.
These are actually what you need to get started with the Facebook fundraiser page. Once you follow the requirement you will be able to set up a fundraiser page and any fundraiser shared by someone on Facebook in a post will display the donate button.
How to Create a Nonprofit Fundraiser from a Facebook Page
Here are the following steps to get on the Nonprofit fundraiser from a Facebook page:
- From a Desktop go to facebook.com/fundraisers/, Click the grey Raise Money for a Nonprofit Organization button.
- From your Page, click the Fundraisers tab from the left menu. Create a fundraiser by clicking the +Raise Money OR click Create Fundraiser from the […] dropdown on Page undercover photo.
- Select Nonprofit when asked Who are you raising money for?
- Then select your no your nonprofit’s Page by searching for its name in the search bar. In case you don’t see your page, it means you haven’t signed up with the Facebook charitable giving tool. Visit the link facebook.com/donate/signup.
- Next, click the dropdown prompt under Who is organizing the fundraiser?
- Add a fundraising goal, currency and timing then hit Next.
- Fill in the title and description of your fundraiser, and hit Next.
- Pick a cover photo. Then hit Create, and your fundraiser will be live to the public.
In conclusion, once you have completed the fowling steps, people who visit your page will be able to access the donate button and will also appear on the peoples news feed.