Do you know that there is an interesting method you can use to earn a minimum of $500 for just reporting a security hole on Facebook? In case you don’t know the giant online social media networking service announces the a new features known as the Facebook Bug Bounty Program as an important novelty for it bug bounty whereby security researchers are paid a minimum amount of $500 whenever they report a security hole or a find an exposed account that can lead to a full account takeover by hackers.
On the contrary, Facebook Bug Bounty Program has now covered various Facebook product or acquisitions which Instagram, WhatsApp, Open source project by Facebook, Onavo, Internet.org/ Free Basics, and Oculus. Moreover, Bug Bounty Program is more of like security or investigator or researchers whose major duties is to help account that is vulnerable in other to safeguard the account or keep people safe by reporting vulnerabilities to Facebook. However, there is term and disclosure policy as security you need to follow and that includes on the next outline.
Facebook Bug Bounty Program – Qualification for Security Researchers on Facebook
However, there are various aspects of the monetary bounties and that includes the entire reports at Facebook discretion, impact, based on risk and other factors. In other to get a potential qualify for a bounty, here is the first need that are requirements of you:
- Comply with the Responsible Disclosure Policy
- Ensure you provide a confidential report of a security bug that identifies a vulnerability in the services or infrastructure which creates a security or privacy risk. (Keep in mind Facebook ultimately determines the risk of an issue, and that many software bugs are not security issues.)
- Your report must describe a problem involving one Facebook product or acquisitions listed under the following Instagram, WhatsApp, Open source project by Facebook, Onavo, Internet.org/ Free Basics, and Oculus.
- The services specifically exclude certain types of potential security issues under “Out of Scope and False Positives”.
- For you to report a bug you need to make use of the report bug website and fill the test.
- Should in case you inadvertently cause a privacy violation or disruption which might include accessing account data, service configurations, or other confidential information. When you’re investigating an issue, you must disclose this in your report.
- You’re advised to make use of test account when investigating issues. In case you aren’t able to do so while reproducing an issue with a test account, you can use a real.
However, we other areas of the Facebook Bug Bounty Program you learn more by access the Facebook whitehat with this link web.facebook.com/whitehat. There you can see other important information that needs to get you ready for a security researcher on various acquisitions owned be Facebook.
How to Submits a Security Bug on Facebook
Partially, once you have accessed the link above it give you direction on how to access the website Report a Security Vulnerability and also the Test Accounts. Once you have accessed the link you can simply click Report Vulnerability Form in other to fill to complete the test. You can also view the resources and the researcher settings in other to control your research.