The Facebook Avatar is a cartoon-like version representation of yourself, which is a great and new feature the social media giant released. This newly introduced feature which is similar to Apple’s Memoji and Snapchat’s Bitmoji.
Facebook Avatar enables Facebook users to express their emotions through a cartoony depiction of you. Using the Facebook Avatar feature, it allows you create an avatar for your Facebook profile that allows you reimagine yourself as a custom cartoonish character. Getting in on the fun is so easy.
To join the fun
- Your Facebook mobile app should be updated to the latest version of the app
- Click on the menu of the Facebook app
- Tap on three horizontal lines at the upper right corner in Android phones and lower right corner in an iOS device
- Scroll down and click on “See More”
- Then tap “Avatar”
- You can start creating your avatar by selecting a skin tone
- You are instructed to choose a hairstyle for your avatar (either long, short or medium)
- you’ll have to move on to the avatar face icon where you’ll customize the face shape, the face line and complexion.
- After customizing the face, top on the eye icon to select an eye shape, eye color and the lash length.
- Move on to the eyebrows icon to select the brow shape and color.
- You can also add eye glasses if you choose to.
- The next is to customize the mouth and nose.
- Select your desired nose shape and move on to your mouth shape
- You can add facial hair if you desire. Likewise, you can also add a lip color.
- Select any body shape of your choice for your avatar.
- You be needed to choose fitting and nice outfit for your Avatar
- Also, you can add headwear like cap, hat, beach hat, hijab, berets, cat ear scarf and so on to your avatar’s outfit.
- Once you are done with all the customization
- Click on “Done” at the top right corner, now your Facebook Avatar is ready
- Click on the “Next” icon and you will be able to see your finished avatar.
Being done with these, you’ll see three buttons on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tapping on the first button, it enables you share your Avatar to your newsfeed or use it as your profile picture.
- The second button enables you to view and use the stickers based on your Avatar
- Lastly, the third button enables you to edit your Avatar.
To use your created Avatar in a comment, go to a friend’s post and simply tap on the smiley face icon in the comment section. Your avatar will automatically pop up, this is where you’ll be able to see all the option for your Avatar stickers which are like a mix of your newly created Avatar and emojis. The avatar simply helps you express your feelings.