To change your Facebook password is an important task you must take as a Facebook account holder. To reset your Facebook password is an easy task to do on both the Facebook site when opened on your mobile browser and the Facebook mobile app. The process of how to change the Facebook password is not difficult and will keep your Facebook account secure. Social media platforms are highly focused on by online hackers to hijack user’s account logins. Therefore, keeping you locked out of your account and leaving you with no option.
You need to change your Facebook password regularly in order to reduce the chances of losing your Facebook account to online hackers. However, you might have noticed some suspicious activities in your Facebook account. Maybe your password has leaked out or you are notified that your account has been logged into by someone else. Then the solution is to change your Facebook password immediately in order to strengthen the security of your account. However, this article will guide you on how to reset your Facebook password using your mobile app or mobile website.
How Do I Change Facebook Password on a Mobile app?
The steps to change your Facebook password are very easy and it will only take a few minutes. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, tap the Facebook app to launch it on your Mobile device
- You will be given a blank page to input your username and password if you have previously logged out of your account
- Tap the menu tab. The three black horizontal lines called Hamburger menu at the top right corner of your Facebook app
- Scroll down to check the options beneath and tap the Settings feature
- Tap Security and Login.
- Next, tap the Change Password on the next page.
Another page pops up which will provide a blank space to Enter your old password, new password, and re-type your new password. Tap on Change password to confirm your changes and Save.
How Do I Change My Facebook Password on a Mobile Website?
You can as well reset your Facebook password using your mobile browser if you don’t have the Facebook app. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, open your mobile web browser installed in your mobile device and search with www.facebook.com.
- Fill in your Facebook account details to log into your account.
- Tap on the menu tab. The three black horizontal lines at the top right corner of your Facebook app.
- On the next page that appears. Go down and tap on the Settings feature.
- Next, tap on Security and Login.
- Scroll down and tap on Change Password.
A blank page will be provided to put in your old password, your new password, and re-typing your new password. Then an option to save changes will be provided. Lastly, after confirmation with the new password tap Save.